Portable Amp/DAC for Shure SE530 and samsung galaxy s 2
Jun 8, 2011 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

varunkumar

New Head-Fier
I need your suggestion for a portable AMP/DAC which can power itself(built in re-chargable battery) for my Shure Se530 which i use it with  my Galaxys2 i9100 phone. I don't want any cheap stuff with cheap sound quality. I want it to be really portable which can fit in my pocket with my phone and very rich sound quality. Any price range. Basically due to some design flaw in the phone there is some noise coming in and bass is not very deep. I don't if amp is advisable because it further amplifies the noise. I need some Amp/DAC which can provide some deep bass and amplified sound.

Ok. At least tell me can i use Fiio E7 ? Does it kill the little noise from the phone and amplify the sound.?? For shure SE530 this amplifier is more than enough to drive i believe ?? Do you think the sound quality is rich enough ??

Aug 26, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 4
Well, I see your phone actually has a USB out, so I'm assuming it will be compatible with most USB DAC's...?  If that's the case, you could check out the Pico DAC/AMP as an option.  I've listened to it extensively with the 530's and like the combination.  There are several other portable DAC/AMPS out there as well.  

I don't listen from a phone as a source, so I'm not sure if there will be any interference issues from the phones 3g data transmissions and the external DAC/AMP, something else to consider.  I certainly hear it from certain equipment if I place my cell phone too near.

As for the noise you are currently hearing... if it's in the audio output from the phone now, then yes it is likely you would simply amplify the noise if you only go with an amplifier.  If you go with DAC and avoid digital to analog circuit and amplifier in the phone you may avoid the noise, if that's what is causing it.

Sorry, no help on the E7, I have not heard it.

Aug 27, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi,

Even though not really portable, the Portable/Desktop Amp from QES Labs has a lead-gel re-chargeable battery,
USB DAC option, and it's pure class A .
It can even drive 8Ω loads !
Worth checking. A review is here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back