Porta Pro question quick about to buy
Apr 14, 2003 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 21
Definetely loud enough. Sound pretty darned good too. I own the PP's and before I bought my iMP 350, I tried out the Chrome X 150 with them...So yeah, don't worry bout that...But be sure to get the Porta Pros with the online discount code. It reduces the price to $25. Otherwise, I'd probably not get them for $50 because the Sennheiser PX 200's wipe the floor with them at that price. I no longer use the Porta Pros because I find the bass way too muddy/boomy. But for $25, they can't be beat.

S.S.

About the coupon code, I forget what it is. Do a search and you'll find it in 2 seconds. It's something like A17A or something like that. YOu enter that code at check out @ the koss site

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 21
actually, I just used it and it worked. Sorry
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 21
"Using code Sale for %50 off for Porta Pros is Over (?)
I ordered my Porta Pros on Monday April 7th (or sometime around there) and I just recieved an e-mail from a Koss Consumer Sales representative saying...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for ordering from Koss.com. Unfortunately, the 617A coupon for the Porta Pro has expired. If you have any questions regarding this matter, feel free to contact me by email or phone at 1-800-872-5677.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy come, easy go. Does anybody have a new vaild coupon???? "

from http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ight=porta+pro

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:48 AM Post #6 of 21
Eew...you should really call them to confirm that. They can sometimes be a little less than honorable.

Apr 14, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 21
Hey guys,

Yes I was the person that got my order cancelled with using the coupon code. I used it during my checkout process and at that time the code worked. I even recieved a confirmation order e-mail from Koss.com confirming my order with the discounted price.

However, the next day I recieved another e-mail from a Koss sales rep that said that that particular coupon code had expired and that my order was being cancelled. I didn't challenge it, cause I didn't want to ruin anybody else's order.
smily_headphones1.gif

But nobody has posted here (other than me) on the expiration of the coupon code for the Porta Pros. Can anybody else verify this, if the code is still valid?

If it is then I am giving them a call immediately!!!!!!
frown.gif

Still does anybody know of a new code?

Keep us informed of what happens.

Apr 14, 2003 at 5:27 AM Post #9 of 21
I just ordered a pair this weekend using that code, got the confirmation and so on. If it doesn't work after that, I'll be complaining. If the coupon is expired, they should have removed it from the order system.

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:32 PM Post #11 of 21
Hi... was it definitely the 617A code? I too got an email from Koss customer service saying it had expired, which I have already appealed.

My spouse reclaimed her Sportapros, so I am stuck with MX500s until I can get something else. Maybe PX100 or PX200 if the Portapros don't pan out.

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:36 PM Post #12 of 21
HI: I would cancel the order and then try it again
ps
There are nothing like the portapros and they will sound great for years to come. They may not be as clear or detailed as other portable cans but they will be fun and very musical to listen to.

Apr 14, 2003 at 5:16 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924

There are nothing like the portapros and they will sound great for years to come. They may not be as clear or detailed as other portable cans but they will be fun and very musical to listen to.

I agree. My spouse's Sportapros are awesome. When she first got them I thought they lacked detail. I don't know if I changed or the headphones did, but their shortcomings now seem very minor, and they are indeed a lot of fun to listen to.

Apr 14, 2003 at 5:19 PM Post #14 of 21
i don't know. It's a question of taste. Personally, i'd take the KSC50 over the PP anytime. The highs are a bit more open and the bass a little less boomy. But the PP win by a large margin when it comes to comfort.

Apr 14, 2003 at 5:26 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by 00940
i don't know. It's a question of taste. Personally, i'd take the KSC50 over the PP anytime. The highs are a bit more open and the bass a little less boomy. But the PP win by a large margin when it comes to comfort.

You need to change your avatar to Mr. Rogers, 00940.

- Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back