!!!! PORTA CORDA !!!! SALES-ACTION !!!!
Nov 13, 2001 at 2:47 AM Post #46 of 116
out of curiousity, what the heck do you guys mean by a 'JMT amp'? i do realise that JMT makes amps, but from what i've read he seems to use various designs (cmoy pocket amp with jan's xfeed and output opamp, pocket amp with parallel opamp output a la apheared style, etc...), and the term 'JMT altoids amp' doesn't really say anything about the circuit inside. if JMT built jan's porta corda circuit inside an altoids tin, would that be a JMT altoids too?
wink.gif

Nov 13, 2001 at 3:30 AM Post #47 of 116
I mean any and all of them. Whichever's handy, I'm not particular.
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2001 at 3:44 AM Post #48 of 116
I've got the Porta-Corda on order, and I've also got a Total Airhead, a Supreme and a big Corda, so it should be an interesting showdown. No JMT though...maybe if someone in the bay area has one we can have a complete comparison. Stay tuned.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2001 at 1:19 AM Post #50 of 116
Jan,

Yesterday I played with the crossfeed level of the Corda HA-1. I did not find the medium level to my liking as it collapsed the soundstage. Is it possible to opt for the low level crossfeed when ordering the Porta-Corda?

regards,
rajan.

Nov 14, 2001 at 10:16 AM Post #51 of 116
Dear Rajan,

"Yesterday I played with the crossfeed level of the Corda HA-1. I did not find the medium level to my liking as it collapsed the soundstage. Is it possible to opt for the low level crossfeed when ordering the Porta-Corda? "

Well, this shows that you have some very sensitive ears :)

The crossfeed levels of the CORDA HA-1 are 25% / 29% / 33% at low/medium/high. The differences are therefore very small and most people even can't distinguish between low and medium.

Some prefer low level crossfeed (like I do for most recordings) whereas others prefer medium or high level. Moreover, the optimal crossfeed level also depends strongly on the kind of music and the kind of recording. The medium level of the PORTA CORDA is a compromise to fit as many people and musical directions as possible.

However, it certainly will be possible to tailor your amp to your own taste.

Cheers,

Jan

Nov 16, 2001 at 11:20 AM Post #52 of 116
Has anyone received their Porta Corda yet by any chance? And Jan, now that you've had more time to play with them, do you have any new comments on your baby?
smily_headphones1.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 17, 2001 at 7:40 PM Post #53 of 116
Dear Joe,

I wished I had more time, but I had quite a busy week and I didn't have any opportunity to test the PORTA CORDA more thoroughly (remember that I also have a regular job).

Moreover, it might seem strange but I don't like to comment on the sonic qualities of my own products. I'm not in a position to have an objective opinion. I could tell you they're the best portable amps in the world but I honestly can't compare to other amps. Moreover, I simply don't like this kind of advertizing.

This week 27 PORTA CORDA's were send. The first "customers" should receive their amps by the beginning of next week. I guess we just have to be patient on their comments.

Cheers,

Jan

Nov 22, 2001 at 2:36 PM Post #55 of 116
Thanks for the thead. I finally learned how to navigate a little through the site, and... as a matter of fact, went ahead and purchased the Porta Corda/HD580 combo. It's just what I needed and more than I bargained for.
Thanks again, and glad I came to these shores.
Julian.

Nov 27, 2001 at 1:34 PM Post #57 of 116
Jan...

thanks for the Porta Corda. I received mine a few days ago and it is a great little amp! Very well made, great sound, plenty of power to drive my PJB100 MP3 player. I hope more will discover this tiny marvel.

Nov 27, 2001 at 2:20 PM Post #58 of 116
Meier,

Would it be OK if I email you with my order on the last 1 or 2 days? Not that I'm undecided or anything, but that's about when I'm ready to send in the $$$.
redface.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 27, 2001 at 6:18 PM Post #60 of 116
paypal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back