[Poor Man Reviews] Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3
Nov 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #16 of 28
Hello.

Isn't it forbidden to wear/do anything that can be unsafe in your driving/riding by the road code/regulations?
Don't know about all countries but here in Portugal the cyclists are part of the driving regulation as are all vehicles, just no engine in them, so all rules apply including not being allowed to have your two ears blocked when driving a vehicle so you can be aware of your surroundings so you don't put in danger others and/or yourself.
Although the road fines to apply to cyclists are 50% of a motorized vehicle, and up to now insurance is just recommended but not mandatory.

Best.

J.V.

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #17 of 28
  Hello.

Isn't it forbidden to wear/do anything that can be unsafe in your driving/riding by the road code/regulations?
Don't know about all countries but here in Portugal the cyclists are part of the driving regulation as are all vehicles, just no engine in them, so all rules apply including not being allowed to have your two ears blocked when driving a vehicle so you can be aware of your surroundings so you don't put in danger others and/or yourself.
Although the road fines to apply to cyclists are 50% of a motorized vehicle, and up to now insurance is just recommended but not mandatory.

Best.

J.V.

Actually, it is. You have to check your local laws for that, as they vary from state to state and country to country.

Also, I find it weird why you actually had to make an account just to say that. Well, welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #20 of 28
Actually, they are rather small....which surprised me as well, considering the amount of precision milling/detail on the earphones.  They are shallow fit, and feel more like earbuds than earphones.  Naturally, the H3's unique triangular fit may not work with some ears.

Thanks for the answer.

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #21 of 28
I have these and they are awesome. In fact, the feature of them not being totally noise cancelling its huge feature for me. I hate the feeling of an air tight bud in my ear. I use them for snowboarding so its perfect to be able to listen to music, and still have enough ambient outside noise for safety. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #22 of 28
@thatonenoob, maybe I missed it but what were/are you driving these with?

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #23 of 28
  @thatonenoob, maybe I missed it but what were/are you driving these with?

Earlier in the review, about 4-5 days before I published, I used the DX50.  However, I proceeded to drop the DX50, shattering glass and all.

The last few days were spent with my iPod touch + Fiio E11K  review unit, iPod classic + JDS labs c5, or Hidzis AP100.

Honestly though, on the go, I just run a heretic's setup and use the iPod touch.  H3 was designed to play well with the iDevices, so running outta iPod works pretty damn fine.

PS: Should I leap for an astell & kern....or rebuy my DX50.....

Nov 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #24 of 28
Thanks for the reply.
I have no idea about your choices, I can recommend my pha-50 but idk how these h3's will sound with it
wink_face.gif

I did like my ibasso, good luck to you!

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #25 of 28
  Thanks for the reply.
I have no idea about your choices, I can recommend my pha-50 but idk how these h3's will sound with it
wink_face.gif

I did like my ibasso, good luck to you!

The 3rd batch of DX50s is pretty phenomenal in my opinion!  Firmware (and possibly hardware?) changes have made the DX50 a great DAP.  Glad I rebought.  Also comes with black silicone case (much better than the crappy velvet one).

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #27 of 28
  Actually, they are rather small....which surprised me as well, considering the amount of precision milling/detail on the earphones.  They are shallow fit, and feel more like earbuds than earphones.  Naturally, the H3's unique triangular fit may not work with some ears.

I auditioned them for a couple of minutes the other day. They are indeed small, and I think they will fit most people (I did not have any trouble with the fitting). The SQ was also very nice, but IMHO they are a bit too warm. I also really dig the design, they are truly small gems. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back