PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player
Apr 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #841 of 4,864
My reason for liking PONO Neil Young has to do with the fact that at the present you cannot find popular music for download that is not MP3.  All I want to be able to do is download music that is at least CD quality.  The only music available is stuff that record stores used to practically give away....alternative, classical, etc. via HDTracks, etc.   I want to download my favs from the last fifty years.  If the people behind PONO or even Amazon will make that genre available I'm all for it.   

What about http://www.qobuz.com ?

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #842 of 4,864
  My reason for liking PONO Neil Young has to do with the fact that at the present you cannot find popular music for download that is not MP3.  All I want to be able to do is download music that is at least CD quality.  The only music available is stuff that record stores used to practically give away....alternative, classical, etc. via HDTracks, etc.   I want to download my favs from the last fifty years.  If the people behind PONO or even Amazon will make that genre available I'm all for it.   

I usually just buy the CD on Amazon and burn it to my computer to download to my DAP.

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #850 of 4,864
I never had problems buying CD quality albums and tracks from them. Hi-res files are sometimes not available for my country.

I tried them and they can't currently sell in the US.

Apr 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #851 of 4,864
We cannot even provide the science of a webpage that shows why a FLAC rip of a vinyl LP sounds better than the CD of same, so your belief that science would prove that something sounds better is counter to reality.

Huh? "Sounds better" is a subjective judgement. Science doesn't prove subjective judgements. Science can be used to determine technical differences, or whether there are actual audible differences. So I don't know what you mean about "the science of a we page that shows why a FLAC rip of a vinyl LP sounds better than the CD of same." What science, exactly?

se

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #852 of 4,864
Those who didn't grow up in a different era (unlike myself) perhaps don't realize how revolutionary it is to be able to buy single tracks without buying the entire album/cd. And now to be able to buy them in lossless formats is quite incredible.

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #853 of 4,864
  Those who didn't grow up in a different era (unlike myself) perhaps don't realize how revolutionary it is to be able to buy single tracks without buying the entire album/cd. And now to be able to buy them in lossless formats is quite incredible.

I grew up in that era, and as I recall we had something very similar.  They were called 45's! 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back