Poll
Jan 4, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 28
Dont they come with flats originally ? From what I read the C-Pads make them sounds better and more comfortable. Also do you like the idea of the woodie mod compared to the alum. used in the the 325's ? and Aren't the drivers different and better in the 325's, but I could see how the woody'd 225 could overcome that and sound even better (fingers crossed) Thanks for respond and I agree Grado all the way !
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are starting from scratch, might as well skip the mod and go straight to the RS-1/-2.

Very true.

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #7 of 28
Yea I would love to go straight to the RS-1's but I don't have the money. My father is a accomplished wood worker and give me some freebie woodies for it and the wood plate to mount the C-Pads onto if I decide to do the C-Pads. What do you think ?

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangedaze39 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea I would love to go straight to the RS-1's but I don't have the money. My father is a accomplished wood worker and give me some freebie woodies for it and the wood plate to mount the C-Pads onto if I decide to do the C-Pads. What do you think ?

Well after you buy the phones and the cpads the phones will probably be nearly as expensive as the RS-1's. Something to at least think about
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #9 of 28
Read the post right above yours. The mod will cost me about $10 dollars. Since we have tons of nice wood laying around and my father could make a extremely nice wood body for me, and all I would have to buy was the actual pads not the wood mounts for the C-Pads. :p

So what it boils what would you rather have first sound wise then style wise ? Since most of you know more about this kind of thing. ^options are up top. Thanks for responses. SD

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangedaze39 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read the post right above yours. The mod will cost me about $10 dollars. Since we have tons of nice wood laying around and my father could make a extremely nice wood body for me, and all I would have to buy was the actual pads not the wood mounts for the C-Pads. :p

So what it boils what would you rather have first sound wise then style wise ? Since most of you know more about this kind of thing. ^options are up top. Thanks for responses. SD

I meant paying for the actual cpads at headphile. They are $120+, plus the price of the cans unless you already have them. That puts you in the range of the RS-2. If you already have them, it's a whole different ballpark. But back to your original question, the 325i are a great can and the cpads should make them even better.

Jan 4, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #11 of 28
Of the Grado's I've heard (HF-1, RS-1, RS-2, etc.) with the exception of the PS-1, the 325i had the creamiest, richest tonality, and I'd wager (without ever having heard any C-padded Grados) that it would hold up best to what C-pads will do to the sound signature (assuming they will make it a bit more distant and airy).

One thing to consider is the weight of the 325i coupled with whatever housing you're going to add to it. I'm not sure if the C-pads would make the weight more tolerable or not. Any less tolerable than stock would be somewhat of a nuisance to me.

Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #12 of 28
C-Pads would be free, along with the woody mod and done just well if not better then the RS-2 wood due to the woodworker in the family. Thanks for advise superP.

The question remains the same what would sound better ?

Extra question, are the drivers used in the sr225 and 325i different. and if so are the 325i's different then the rs-2 or 1's sorry I really don't know much about this. Also please make sure to do the poll. Right now it's 2 to 3 the sr225's are winning.

Jan 4, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #13 of 28
C-Pads are ugly, imo. Better off using a different, and cheaper, solution for increased comfort.

Jan 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #14 of 28
Poll is at 5 woodies sr 225 and 3 325i's, I really would like to hear more in depth about the effects of the woodied 225's I searched google for reviews on the ALO modded grado 225's, check those out they're just like the ones I'm describing. Anyways I couldn't find any so if you guys know of any reviews or personal thoughts on the subject that would be verey niiioce.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back