Poll: Would you enjoy a premium, high quality pen?

Would you invest in a high quality, well designed pen to call your own?

• Yes, but not a very likely scenario.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 13, 2017 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

epocs

100+ Head-Fier
Fellow audiophiles, I have this theory that people actually would enjoy owning a beautiful, high quality, premium pen that writes super well, has wonderful balance, a nice heft, and can last a long time... but there's really not been a pen that has come across their way that has those characteristics.

I'm starting to prototype a pen (instagram page if you're curious!) but wanted to see if people agree with my theory, or if I'm being delusional. Would love your thoughts!

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #9 of 11
I own a Cross Townsend fountain pen. It’s an expensive fountain pen but I got it on sale for around $70. I love it. It writes super smooth and looks classy on a desk.

I rarely use it though but it’s nice to have since the build quality is excellent and will easily last a lifetime.

I also own a Japanese fountain pen called the Pilot Prera and it writes extremely fine (as in tiny thin lines). This is excellent for writing notes on a tiny note pad that I use for traveling. It can write so fine that a normal ball point pen can’t do this so it’s great for those tiny note pads for traveling.

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #10 of 11
Dear god, yes. I've recently took my time in finding a pen, a got a nice one for only 10 bucks.
It writes so much better than all the free pens i've grown accustomed to writing with for the past 20 years.

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #11 of 11
Every man should own a high end pen and a fountain pen. You should take your time with it, however be aware that it can become an addition.. and you will probably end up with a +1000 dollar collection in no time hahaha.
But on a serious note, you truly don't need to spend much money to have a classy Parker Jotter, or even the Ballograf Epoca. Nice budget models, which you can customize with their refills (buy refills to your liking).
Those are ballpoint pens, fountain pens are a whole science on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back