Poll: Would you buy the pictured amp stand from Oppo for an estimated $150? Made for the HA-1, but would perhaps fit other amps as well... ?
Jul 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

craftyhack

100+ Head-Fier
UPDATE:  I received the following email from Oppo where they very graciously made the stand available even given the relatively low interest expressed (at least in this poll), thanks Oppo!  Note that they already had the Ha-1 stands manufactured and have received a limited quantity reserved for those who have already expressed interested (not certain if that interest is via email, phone call, forum post, etc., your best bet is to call Oppo and see assuming that you have expressed interest in some fashion already).  I have no idea how many were produced and for who, nor is it my business so I didn't ask, just wanted to make it clear that these aren't generally available.  I believe that those who are on the list will receive an email (as I did below) to place the order.

If you have not previously contacted Oppo for an HA-1 stand but would like one, I think the best bet is to email them to ask for one, and perhaps 1) folks who previously expressed interest may not all purchase one so others "in line" may get one of the unclaimed ones in this batch and 2) a second run may happen if enough additional interest is expressed.  This is all purely conjecture and advice from some dude on the internet BTW, I have no connection with Oppo other than owning Oppo gear, and I in no way, shape or form speak for them or know anything more than any other customer that write an email and ask questions :).

The one reserved for me is NOT going to be on the "leftovers" list though, it is on the way via FedEX today, sweeeeet...
Mike,

We are happy to report that we have manufactured and are making available very small quantity of the HA-1 Headphone Amplifier Stands. As we had previously discussed, the HA-1 Headphone Amplifier Stand will cost $149.00 plus applicable shipping fees.

If you are interested in purchasing the HA-1 Headphone Amplifier Stand, please respond to this E-Mail and we can look at sending you a Credit Card Authorization form which you can fill out and return to us, or give you instructions on how to call us to place a phone order.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
2629B Terminal Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94043
Service@oppodigital.com
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119

Oppo has displayed the HA-1 amp on the stand pictured below, but unlike the stand for their PM-1's, the HA-1 stand is not yet planned for production.  According to the email I received from Oppo a few minutes ago (quoted below), if there is enough demand they would consider production at a *probable* $150 price point.  As such, I figured I would try a poll to see if there is demand, because I really want one :D.  For those looking at this for a different amp, the dimensions of the HA-1 are '10.0" x 4.8" x 12.2" (254 x 80 x 333 mm)', so you can probably picture the size of the stand using the below picture showing the HA-1 on the stand to see if your amp would look good on it.

Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 7:28 PM

We are currently investigating the cost of manufacturing such a stand, as as it stands it will be $150.00 to sell it to our customers. Depending on the actual cost and demand, we may go into actual manufacturing in the future.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
2629B Terminal Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94043
Service@oppodigital.com
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119

Jul 7, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 34
Been itching to get my hands on this for a few months. Please Oppo!

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #8 of 34
I am little behind about the stand, what is the purpose of the stand ? is it for the sound quality ? or mainly for the look ?

thks in advance,

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #10 of 34
Even if I had the said headphone in question or any headphone, a banana stand is good enough or a Coat hook bolted to the side of the desk.

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #11 of 34
  Even if I had the said headphone in question or any headphone, a banana stand is good enough or a Coat hook bolted to the side of the desk.

Actually talking about the amp stand in the pic, not the headphone stand.  That said, to your point, the amp stand is probably even less of a "need" given the amp can just sit right on whatever surface, it doesn't really need a stand.  For me at least, it is all about aesthetics/presentation, although might get cooling benefit as well assuming the stand will allow for more airflow in my case given it will raise the amp higher than most of the rubbish piled on my desk.  The irony of buying something for aesthetics to sit on a messy desk doesn't escape me, but whatever, sometimes my desk is clean :D.

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #13 of 34
For an amp stand? I knew people were eclectic but a buck fifty for.......never mind.
rolleyes.gif

That's what people say when they see my Roxanne's and AK240 at work... and Google them (I won't say what they cost)... the next words are usually along the lines of "Holy &^@$" :D.  But then I put on a new pair of tips and let them try them out...

I have spent more than this amp stand on a bar tab, at least with this there is something to show for the $ the next day other than a hangover :p.  The presentation is a nice part of this hobby, at least IMHO anyway... hence the interest in this amp stand.

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #14 of 34
That's what people say when they see my Roxanne's and AK240 at work... and Google them (I won't say what they cost)... the next words are usually along the lines of "Holy &^@$" :D.  But then I put on a new pair of tips and let them try them out...

I have spent more than this amp stand on a bar tab, at least with this there is something to show for the $ the next day other than a hangover :p.  The presentation is a nice part of this hobby, at least IMHO anyway... hence the interest in this amp stand.

Well said.

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #15 of 34
Yip. I did.

Beautiful stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back