Poll: Who Owns SE530's or Triple.Fi's ?
Apr 29, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #76 of 84
Man, i'm already sick of reading comparations between these two IEMs! I'm planning to purchase one of those, and it will be a no-way-back, since I live in Brazil and there is no good IEM market here at all.. I'm traveling to USA, and I'll purchase one of those, but I'm not sure which one. I do like comfort, and that issue may be solved with Comply Foans and/or FlipFlop mod, although it will never be like SE530 in comfort therms..
But ok.. sound is more important, we all know that.
People say one is better for some kinds of music, and vice versa. I listen to a wide variety of music, so I can't just define what kind of music I'll be listening.

But I'll make a water drop here: WHICH ONE WILL SOUND BETTER WITH GUNS N' ROSES? I'll purchase the winner lol :p
I'm thinking of making a poll about this
biggrin.gif

OBS: Metallica is also important.
These are the two bands I most listen to.
Thanks!

Apr 29, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #77 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by xaipemw /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but these things sound veiled/rolled off to me. Wayyy more than the Super.Fi 5's. If these have better high-end than the Shure's, i can't even imagine what the Shure's sound like.
eek.gif

It's possible that it's a seal issue. But physics-wise, if I had a poor seal, the bass would not be there, but the mids and treble would. I'm experiencing the exact opposite here.

My Exact thoughts! I bought the tf10 and never heard the 530's. I do not get the great high end. Actually my earphones that came with my ipod and Sirius s50 get much better highs. With the tf10 it sounds like the band is in another room. Good base presence. I wonder if I got a dud of a pair.

I am not saying I like the free phones better as it does lack bottom end, but I am far from wowwed by these expensive puppies.

Apr 29, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #78 of 84
As far as comfort for an IEM goes, the SE530 + Shure olive foam tips combo is absolutely amazing. In terms of sound quality and comfort, I personally think they beat the Comply foam tips by a long shot.

Apr 29, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #79 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, i'm already sick of reading comparations between these two IEMs! I'm planning to purchase one of those, and it will be a no-way-back, since I live in Brazil and there is no good IEM market here at all.. I'm traveling to USA, and I'll purchase one of those, but I'm not sure which one. I do like comfort, and that issue may be solved with Comply Foans and/or FlipFlop mod, although it will never be like SE530 in comfort therms..
But ok.. sound is more important, we all know that.
People say one is better for some kinds of music, and vice versa. I listen to a wide variety of music, so I can't just define what kind of music I'll be listening.

But I'll make a water drop here: WHICH ONE WILL SOUND BETTER WITH GUNS N' ROSES? I'll purchase the winner lol :p
I'm thinking of making a poll about this
biggrin.gif

OBS: Metallica is also important.
These are the two bands I most listen to.
Thanks!

Unfortunately it is very subjective. I had both, and could not stand the SE530 since "to me" it did not sound natural - the TF does sound natural to me.

But if you read/search, you will find a good number of folks with quite the opposite point of view regarding the sound. This is what I mean subjective. It would be ideal to listen to both with your music player and then buy the one you like - unfortunately that is hard to do.

The "one" thing I agree with all SE530 owners is that comfort-wise they are better than the TF's. This is becuase I have a very small and narow inner ear canal - no "round" foam/silicon felt comfortable at all. In the end, since I prefered the TF's, I sold the Shures, and I then got custom tips for my TF's, which solved the comfort problem that "I" had with the TF's.

Will

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #80 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately it is very subjective. I had both, and could not stand the SE530 since "to me" it did not sound natural - the TF does sound natural to me.

But if you read/search, you will find a good number of folks with quite the opposite point of view regarding the sound. This is what I mean subjective. It would be ideal to listen to both with your music player and then buy the one you like - unfortunately that is hard to do.

The "one" thing I agree with all SE530 owners is that comfort-wise they are better than the TF's. This is becuase I have a very small and narow inner ear canal - no "round" foam/silicon felt comfortable at all. In the end, since I prefered the TF's, I sold the Shures, and I then got custom tips for my TF's, which solved the comfort problem that "I" had with the TF's.

Will

Will, compare with the Shure tip vs Avery Sound custom tip which one is better?

I've been thinking about getting Custom tip for my SE530 myself.

Apr 29, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #81 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by xaipemw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two days ago, I purchased Shure SE530's and a set of black "olive" foamies. I haven't opened the box yet, however, probably because I am worried that I'll regret having bought them. I'll explain:

I own Super.Fi 5 Pro's. One of the units broke, and I came to be in the market for a new set of IEM's. While the Super.Fi fit me quite well, I tried the IE-40 (a rebranded Triple.fi) and did not find them comfortable. I think it was something about the slightly increased size of the canal portion. Plus, I didn't like the sound coming out of them, which surprised me quite a bit, as I thought the Super.Fi's were pretty good.

I've owned both Sennheiser HD-650's and Grado RS-1's. I liked the sound presentation of both of them, even though they were very different.

It seems that there is something of a love-fest on Head-Fi regarding the Triple.Fi's these days. And it seems that more people talk about how great the UE's are than the Shure's, even though places like Headroom, TTVJ, and iLounge seem to give the 1st prize (slightly) to the SE530's.

So, I'm posting this poll to see who actually owns which one. I want to figure out if I should open/keep the Shure's, or return them and get Triple-fi's.

First off, let me say that I am a Shure E530 owner (and lover). That said, you obviously already love the sound of the Triple Fi's, so why would you want to own something else? Return the Shures, buy another pair of Triple Fis and be happy.

Apr 29, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #82 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by ch28kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will, compare with the Shure tip vs Avery Sound custom tip which one is better?

I've been thinking about getting Custom tip for my SE530 myself.

For me and my small and narrow inner ear canal, definitely the custom tips are more comfortable. After 1/2 hour, the pressure from the the expanding foam starts getting irritating, but the custom tips (no pressure since they were made for my ears) I can wear for hours at a time with no problems. So yes, the custom tips are great
wink.gif

That being said, I have to say that going to true custom/fitted ear pieces is the best!. I recently got true 100% customs: SuperFreQs, and those are even more comfortable and easier to get in/out than my TF's with custom tips. In the end, the most bang for the buck, and the most comfortable that I have tried so far, are the true custom SuperFreQs - it also happens to be FAR cheaper than either the Shure SE530 or the UE TF's
biggrin.gif

Here are pictures of both my TF with custom tips and my SuperFreQs:
img_4988.jpg

img_4989.jpg

img_4990.jpg

img_4991.jpg

Here compared to my UE TF's with custom tips:
img_4994.jpg

img_4995.jpg

Will

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #83 of 84
I've been enjoying my Triple.Fi's for the past weeks immensely. I must have had a bad seal the first few times I tried them, but now I'm loving them. I purchased the Comply 400 tips, but honestly, I don't like how they change the sound signature. They roll the treble off a little too much, as far as I'm concerned. So, I stick with the original medium silicone tips.

I'm happy with my decision!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back