Poll: Who Owns SE530's or Triple.Fi's ?
Mar 23, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #31 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw that before mate, I'm just not sure how easy it is to get the cable out of the unit, I don't want to break them.
wink.gif

You do have to pull pretty hard to unseat the cable from the earpieces. If you use a papertowel or some other dry material to grab the cable end with, it holds better without slipping.

Mar 23, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #32 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw that before mate, I'm just not sure how easy it is to get the cable out of the unit, I don't want to break them.
wink.gif

Ignore that comment, I didn't realise how easy the cable comes out
redface.gif
, just done it and it fits a lot better and no sticking out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup, not hard at all. Don't you love the flushness?

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #33 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbitsfoot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forgot who had mentioned this in another forum but I'm glad you chimed in for this info COOPERPWC. Is this cable readily available for purchase here in the U.S. or ? I'd definitely like to do this mod.

I got it from Wilson at Jaben Network in Singapore. He does it to order and will ship anywhere. Great guy.

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #34 of 84
Getting back on track here, i think it's very interesting that more people seem to own the Shure's (at least with the poll's results). Yet the most vocal people are clearly the Ultimate Ears folks. I am curious to know why that is.

Mar 23, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #36 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by xaipemw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Getting back on track here, i think it's very interesting that more people seem to own the Shure's (at least with the poll's results). Yet the most vocal people are clearly the Ultimate Ears folks. I am curious to know why that is.

The 530 people are too busy listening to music....
biggrin.gif

j/k!

Mar 23, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #38 of 84
Owned both...

Sound, Presentation and Detail: Triple.Fi
Fit and Isolation: Shure se530

End Result: Sold both, and purchased LIVEWIRES (which are the best I have owned)

PS - I am interested in now re-trying the Triple.Fi's with the Comply T-400 Foam Tips

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #39 of 84
hmmm. of course, this all makes me want to get customs as well, especially as a musician. CURSE YOU HEAD-FI!!! But seriously, I've always partially wanted to get UE 10 customs. But I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Tomorrow is Monday, and that's when I will have a chance to go back to Full Compass. I can either keep the Shure's, or exchange them (and get some money back!) for the Ultimate Ears. Of course, they are out of stock of the Ultimate Ears. Go figure. I'm leaning towards giving back the Shure and getting the UE. Frankly, I have yet to be convinced by ANYONE on Head-Fi that the Shures are as good as the Triple.Fi's. For fanboys, it seems that Shure is lacking. I wonder what gives....

Mar 23, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #41 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by xaipemw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm. of course, this all makes me want to get customs as well, especially as a musician. CURSE YOU HEAD-FI!!! But seriously, I've always partially wanted to get UE 10 customs. But I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Tomorrow is Monday, and that's when I will have a chance to go back to Full Compass. I can either keep the Shure's, or exchange them (and get some money back!) for the Ultimate Ears. Of course, they are out of stock of the Ultimate Ears. Go figure. I'm leaning towards giving back the Shure and getting the UE. Frankly, I have yet to be convinced by ANYONE on Head-Fi that the Shures are as good as the Triple.Fi's. For fanboys, it seems that Shure is lacking. I wonder what gives....

the triple. fi's might be worth it, but only if you are ok with their fit and sticking out from the ear. many people have complained about those subjects... i suggest you to try them before you buy them if it's possible, or to buy them from a store with a returning option.

Mar 24, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #42 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by woopididi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the triple. fi's might be worth it, but only if you are ok with their fit and sticking out from the ear. many people have complained about those subjects... i suggest you to try them before you buy them if it's possible, or to buy them from a store with a returning option.

You see, this is what I'm talking about exactly (not to pick on you specifically, woopidi). Almost everything I've read on Head-fi about the Triple.Fi's is about the sound... and most of what I've read about the Shure SE530 seems almost apologetic about them. "Well, they're more comfortable" is a common refrain.

Seems to me that the SE530 owners are simply not about saying how great their IEM's sound. That's sorta sad, if you ask me.

Mar 24, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #44 of 84
Used the E500 for a year ... tried the TF10's when the E500's went back for repair. I found the fit of the triples quite poor in terms of comfort and strength of the seal, but I love the liveliness that the clear treble brings to the music. E500 will stay for casual use, but we have to just move right to the UE11 on this for the ultimate IEM experience. They return from a refit in a few days. No need for the triples at this point. (They're long gone.)

I agree with the other comments. E500 have a fit unmached by any universal I've tried. (The bulkiness even gives me something to grab onto when compared to the tiny q-JAYS.) They have great bass and do very well with the majority of music (except classical, acoustic, and crispness-demanding stuff).

The triples and UE customs add some amazing treble and almost electrostatic-like accuracy (or so I've heard). It will be interesting to see what Westone will eventually add to the race, but right now, I think that UE is making some of the best sounding IEMs...

Mar 24, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #45 of 84
Thread,

thanks for the well-written reply. I listen to lots of different sorts of music, but one of the things I absolutely need is something for accoustic instruments--being jazz, folk, or classical. That's vital to me, and if the Shures cannot reproduce this properly, that's my answer right there.

And like I said before in this thread, I find it odd that so many people voted that they had the Shures, but very few were vocal about why they have them and love them. The Ultimate Ears, on the other hand, have a very large Missionary movement--and that's actually nice to see. It means people really love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back