Poll: Which OS do you use with your iPod?
Jul 14, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #33 of 37
0S 10.4.10 My iPod is in Windows format so I can share 'my' music with anyone. And I keep iPod ripper on it in both Win and Mac formats.

I can understand why iTunes has FairPlay DRM, but if you are in the habit of sharing 'free' music it does get in the way. By using it formatted for Windows it becomes a cross platform device.

I usually keep the latest Windows iTunes install on it because many users are aprehensive of upgrading.

I am a big iTunes fan, coverflow is the bomb.

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question for iMod and Rockbox users - which version of Rockbox are u running?

I got the 5/31/07 build and it crashes a lot and causes weird errors

Try the Mike Age no-scaling build. That should help the crashing and error problem.

Jul 14, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #35 of 37
I don't really own an iPod , but I have one right now. I haven't tried any other OS than the standard one. Mostly because it's not my iPod.
But I like the Apple OS and have no problem with it. I really prefer the apple way of moving files to it. There's no drag and drop or searching for files.
I just put the tunes I want in a playlist in Foobar2000 and load them over to the iPod using the plugin foo_dop.

I really like the ipod and i will buy one as soon as i can.

Jul 14, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthroat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the Mike Age no-scaling build. That should help the crashing and error problem.

The frequency scaling issues were fixed about a week ago. The Mikeage build should no longer be necessary.

Jul 14, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #37 of 37
Stock firmware here, I am not very bright at computeries
mad.gif
so I am keeping it simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back