Poll: Which headphones are best?
Nov 8, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #16 of 23
I have to say JVC-HARX700 with cmoy amp....since thats what i have, and never heard any of the other headphones
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Mine are still burning in, but already, I have to say that they do many things better than my MS-1s, which most people would put above the SR-60s.

eek.gif

Aright, alright, put down your pitchforks... I didn't say that the headphones themselves were better... just that they do many things better. I'm very happy with them so far, and I don't think that you can get a better set of headphones for $60 (I think you can probably still find them for that price).

I'm going to agree with this guy, I own Grado SR-60s and HA-RX 900s, and the 900s are more detailed, have much more bass, bigger soundstage, and also just have a much fuller sound then the SR-60s. The SR-60s almost sound thin in comparison. The only thing HA-RX 900s, don't do as well as the Grados is with electric guitars and overall punch. The HA-RX 900s are a great headphone for the price you pay.

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azazel90x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to say JVC-HARX700 with cmoy amp....since thats what i have, and never heard any of the other headphones
biggrin.gif

second that. Running mine through a Fiio. It doesn't need a ton of amping, but the little boost tightens the bass and open the soundstage slightly.
Had both the SR60 and the iGrado. You'll enjoy them more for acoustics, they're great entry level phones that'll show you what you're missing. But for anything bass heavy, it's a bit lacking.
All three options are fun and source forgiving. Just take the plunge!

Nov 9, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #21 of 23
1. Based on what you said you listen to above, go with the Grado's and don't hesitate. You may want to consider saving up a little more and going straight for the MS-1's or the SR-225's though.

2. There is absolutely no need to bump your own thread, especially when it is still on the first page.

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #22 of 23
I think the poll and what people recommend aren't consistant, so I'll throw in my two cents. I own the grados which I think are great for rock but seeing that you listen to hip hop too, I wouldn't recommend them to you for all you listening needs. I have read equally great things about the harx900's though I haven't heard them myself. If what everyone says about them is true, then those would be the ones I would buy.

Nov 26, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #23 of 23
i can listen to rap/hip hop on my 325i's but not on my sr80's. it just doesn't sound right

i'd steer away from grados if you're going to be listening to rap/hip hop a lot.

i can't really comment on the other headphones since i've never tried them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back