POLL: What Media Storage/Player are you using? (Please vote)
Nov 18, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #46 of 70
It's true, and all it took was a benevolent billionaire. :)

Incidentally, EAC works seamlessly for me using WIne.

Quote:

In terms of the big picture, I suppose it is, but I know that wizards are much more likely to use the more demanding and difficult and obscure MPD.

I ended up with R'box because it was the path of least resistance, which is contrary to the life serious Linux folks lead. I needed an OS for my six year old Dell laptop that would run better than XP does at this point and picked Ubuntu because, well, because it's *popular,* which I figured meant it would have more people beating out the bugs and more people to save me when I screw up.

R'box is included with Ubuntu. Here's the thing about Ubuntu - and I've written the same words in another post recently - it is so good now that you no longer need to struggle with Linux. That's a loss to the pure at heart, but good for ordinary humans. It's the first Linux you can use thoughtlessly.

I regret not having dbpoweramp suite and EAC at my beck n' call, but otherwise don't miss Windows for audio purposes.

s.

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #49 of 70

Quote:
It's true, and all it took was a benevolent billionaire. :)

Incidentally, EAC works seamlessly for me using WIne.

Quote:

I ended up with R'box because it was the path of least resistance, which is contrary to the life serious Linux folks lead. I needed an OS for my six year old Dell laptop that would run better than XP does at this point and picked Ubuntu because, well, because it's *popular,* which I figured meant it would have more people beating out the bugs and more people to save me when I screw up.

A billionaire and many years of work of the Debian community, Ubuntu has not been developed  from scratch.
smile.gif

I don't use wine and I think Rubyripper and morituri are good enough for CD ripping, and for people less strict with quality control, Asunder is fine.

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #53 of 70
i am using jet audio....wondering if I should switch to foobar.

Is foobar better?

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #54 of 70
I voted Mediamonkey. I use it and also foobar, for various things, but the device management I do with MM, which Is why I voted that way. If multiple programs had been available, I would have gone for both MM and foobar.

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #57 of 70
Voted other

- XMPlay for playback only. Super lightweight, ASIO/FLAC supported and plays 8-bit Amiga tunes flawlessly. I just browse to the folder containing the album and right-click to play.
- dBpoweramp for ripping/converting
- Mp3tag for tagging
- EphPod for synching

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #60 of 70
I guess if it was possible i would change my vote now that i have played a little with J River jukebox, if i am comparing it with Gomplayer from gomlab the J River has much less computernoise and it is more costumable, but it wont sync my 5th gen rockboxed ipod tough (i think it supports later ipods). So i guess its -1 on others and +1 on J River. Thanks for the recommandation SoulSyde.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back