Poll: Velour vs leather
May 13, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
intoart, which cans with leather pads makes your ears sweat?

All of them. My DT770s with velour pads are the only phones that don't make my ears sweat!

May 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #18 of 25
I prefer velour for open 'phones and leather for closed. On pure comfort I maybe slightly prefer velour, although leather, or even pleather when well done, is perfectly fine as well.

May 13, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Velour is very nice. I disliked leatherette because it's too good a seal.

Closed headphones need a good seal - hence leatherette is essential for most closed cans.

There are very few exceptions.

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #22 of 25
I suspect that many high-end phones deploy leather in order to achieve a 'conspicuously expensive' look, rather than for sound quality or comfort considerations. It is rather like Leica's fancy leather lens cases: clearly a luxury product but less practical than 'normal' cases.

Of course leather pads have their fans, who are happy to pay a premium for them. Personally, I don't much like the perpetual aroma of leather pads on phones.

I'll choose velour, please!

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #23 of 25
Velour. I've never tried real leather, so I can't comment. But velour is about as comfortable as I can possibly imagine a pad to be. I prefer velour for the same reason I prefer cloth over leather for blankets, pillows, etc. The only way I could consider leather if it was slightly worn out real leather. Otherwise, no competition.

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #24 of 25
beyer genuine leather all the way
smily_headphones1.gif

velours is itchy in comparison, and it doesn't make your ears hot at all...just super soft and durable(I hate it when leatherette turns into zillion little pieces..)

Jun 3, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #25 of 25
Velour for comfort definitely - they're like little pillows and the pleather is way too hot to use in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back