Poll: IE8 Bass Knob, Which Setting?
Feb 11, 2009 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

average_joe

Headphoneus Supremus
I have 2 sources that I use, a Sansa Fuze and an Icon Mobile connected via USB (will be getting an Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi in the next day or 2, along with some replacement op amps). The bass on the lowest setting is great with my Fuze, but with the IM, I am left wanting more.

I moved the bass knob to the middle (3) spot today, and it sounds good with the IM, but not with the Fuze. I don't have a lot of time with the knob at 3, but it doesn't seem to muddy the mids, and it doesn't become boomy, but too powerful.

I have not read much about head-fiers bass knob settings and thoughts at different settings, so here is a poll.

Feb 11, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 43
I've left it on the middle one, and to be honest I haven't tried the top one. Doesn't help that I've lost the tool already either lol

Feb 11, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #5 of 43
I keep it on the lowest, and i think thats plenty. But i dont think my pair is fully burned in yet, so perhaps some of the bass will go away after a while.

Feb 11, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by montell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I change them often since I got them but to be honest I just cant hear the differences between any of the settings.

X2, same here. But just to be safe, I keep them on lowest.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #9 of 43
I have always had mine on the lowest setting until Sunday just gone - Running the Zune 30 with the Senns, there is an awesome synergy (or whatever it may be) running no EQ, and bass adjustor up one notch
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #11 of 43
I keep it at the lowest setting. If I want more bass, I push the IE8's into my ear a little more, ever so slightly. It's easier than getting out that tiny screw driver.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #13 of 43
hi walkingman, i'm assuming you are using a walkman right? :p what's your ClearBass setting when using IE8?

I found the mid-bass on IE8 is quite strong so turning up the ClearBass has a very strong response. I now have the bass notch at 1 on my IE8, but ClearBass at 0. (I found if the bass notch on IE8 higher than 1, it'll be too strong on ClearBass 1)

Feb 12, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #15 of 43
Bass notch at minimum, and no EQ on the Sony or iPod Touch.
The IE8 bass is perfect for me on the default setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back