Poll: Fried Chicken or Steak?
Feb 13, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #32 of 69
Can we have chicken fried steak on the list too
wink.gif
but I would rather have a nice steak than fried chicken... especially at this moment. God im starving...

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #33 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love them both, but give me a nice fillet mignon with mushroom sauce, and I will be in heaven!!!

Chateaubriand.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #37 of 69
Steak, by a wide margin. But that's not to say I'll turn down fried chicken. I love that, too. Won't turn down a good chicken fried steak, either.

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #39 of 69
We have some of the best fried chicken in the world outside Memphis in Midland, TN. Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken used to be located in a trailer on the side of the road that you would miss if you were not looking for it. Inside, it was like a funhouse with the place tilting to the right and many of the chairs had seats that were worn through. In short, it was a smokey, wreck. However, the fried chicken was the best I have had in my life. (unfortunately, the original Gus's burned down a couple of years, so I am not sure what was put up in its place). They have expanded to other locations around Memphis, but they are (IMO) not as good as the original. Something about finding a diamond in the rough made the chicken taste better..:shrug:

All that being said, I still voted for steak. Yummy!

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #41 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nothing beats a perfectly cooked, melt in your mouth piece of venison.

I would NEVER eat meat that melts in my mouth.
biggrin.gif

It's definitely steak for me - only if it's organic. If it's not, then neither.

Fried food is perhaps the worst thing you could possibly ingest through the mouth.

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #42 of 69
I have to say, as much as I love chicken (and believe me, I do), fried chicken does not do it for me at all. Seems such a waste to treat it like that.

Besides which, I truly adore a good steak. A nice rare steak cannot be beaten...

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #44 of 69
a better comparison would be tandoori chicken instead of fried chicken... Tandoori chicken is skinless and has a great taste... Fried chicken, unfortunately, is too fatty and greasy and tasteless to do any good

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #45 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a better comparison would be tandoori chicken instead of fried chicken... Tandoori chicken is skinless and has a great taste... Fried chicken, unfortunately, is too fatty and greasy and tasteless to do any good

Tandoori is godly. You ever been to India Quality Ois?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back