Poll: Do you use crossfeed?
Oct 30, 2002 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zin_Ramu

100+ Head-Fier
Was just wondering what percentage of people use crossfeed?

When I started out, I made sure to get an amp which featured this function, becuase I feared listening "fatigue". I realized however, that I never really use this function. I guess I don't have super long listening sessions, but I get in a least a CD a day and quite often one or two more and never have any trouble with listening fatigue. Other than fatigue I guess most of recordings are relativly recent, so they don't have some of the stereo issues people compain about on older recordings that cause them to use crossfeed.

Just wondering what others do?

Oct 30, 2002 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 9
I used cross feed on my Total Airhead ever since I got it. Until I ordered a META that doesn't have cross feed. So for the last week or so I haven't used it. Frankly, I don't miss it. I have listened for up to 6 hours straight with out cross feed, I don't notice any fatigue or other effects. In fact I stay awake better, but that could be due to other things though.

Oct 30, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 9
I keep saying it depends on the recording. On some one can hardly hear a difference. On others, it might be slightly better without.
But on some recordings, the stereo separation is awful and the effect is worse on cans than with speakers. Crossfeed can really help these recordings out.

Oct 30, 2002 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 9
I use it almost all the time with the brightness filter engaged. I find that it make most songs sound more natural like listening to a live performance.

Oct 30, 2002 at 9:58 AM Post #5 of 9
Crossfeed on with the filter set to bright (as opposed to "brighter")...I don't even think about it any more. On a rare occasion, I may disengage the brightness filter if I'm using my Etys.

Oct 30, 2002 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 9
Tried it, didn't like it. With the headphones I was primarily using, the R10, the spatial effect of the chambers was lost, and the sound collapsed to the center. This is deja vu, as I believe I just posted this yesterday to another thread somewhere
tongue.gif
Anyway, none of my current amps have crossfeed, and it is not missed.

Nov 17, 2002 at 8:56 AM Post #7 of 9
Don't own anything with crossfeed, so I voted no. But if I did I would try it and see if I liked it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back