Poll...Do you hear a difference in cables?
Nov 3, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #181 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
Unbelievable. Do you hear the words that are coming out of my mouth? Do you hear the words that are coming out of your mouth? How about I respond in kind: "To say this poll is not an accurate reflection of the truth does not mean that the Detroit Tigers are the best baseball team of all time."
blink.gif

I know nothing about baseball, so I'll take your word for it.

See ya
Steve

Nov 3, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #182 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave
My first thought was "I like cake". Second thought was "Earth to Steve"

I thought the left turn was taken when the chaos theory was invoked. I was having fun with the silliness of it.

See ya
Steve

Nov 3, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #183 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot
I thought the left turn was taken when the chaos theory was invoked. I was having fun with the silliness of it.

See ya
Steve

So you are actually saying that you hear differences in all the cables you have tried. I knew it!
rolleyes.gif

Nov 3, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #184 of 189
Quote:

Some people feel that they need to win a debate at any cost. They resort to ad-hominem attacks, irrelevant quotes taken out of context and deliberate baiting to try to get me angry. Those are the people with ego problems, not me.

Oh man, you are such a drama queen. Take my posts for what you will. I'm not going to allow you to work me into a frenzy again with your arrogant and condescending "calm, on-point observations". I guess your "experience and knowledge" are just too much for me.

Nov 3, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #185 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
wait crisco, whats the components in the setup you are so fascinated by? my setup doesnt reveal the cable colouration as much as I would like it to.

[EDIT] oops lol i think we are using like the same stuff lol!

Hi

Yea my equipment is;

NW-HD1 Atrac player- 256kps compression
Little Micro Dot +
Sennheiser 595’s

The interconnects are A) the original mini to mini interconnect as supplied by Little Dot- thin copper and a solid silver AudioLineOut cable.

The headphones and amp seem to have had enough time to burn-in.

There is a very significant difference between the SQ from the two interconnects.

If someone plays 30 seconds of Black Dog or Rock N Roll by Led Zep I can tell you with my eyes shut which interconnect is which 9 times out of 10.

It might be easier to tell the difference between these two interconnects because of the synergy of the equipment. The amp and headphone are known to be polite/neutral and the interconnects are very different from one another.

Given I do not know why there is significant SQ difference between the two, the above is nothing more than a possible/a theory…..speculation.

From your signature- our equipment is different, in fact the only thing I see that we have in common is the little dot micro+

Nov 3, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #186 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I'm not going to allow you to work me into a frenzy again

Don't blame me for your own lack of composure.

See ya
Steve

Nov 3, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #187 of 189
Quote:

Don't blame me for your own lack of composure.

I don't believe I was blaming you, merely saying that I won't allow you to put me in that state. I know that I have a short temper. Are you aware of your faults?

EDIT: By the way, nice work using an "irrelevant quote taken out of context to deliberately bait me".
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #188 of 189
I'm an ex-car audio nut, and I noticed the difference between cheap cable, Monster cable 400, to 300, to 200 series cable, to imported (from where, clueless) solid silver custom cabling done by my shop. Both varied interconnects and cabling. It's crap you do when the shop is slow, and you wanna see if there really is any difference.

I have no idea how much of a difference there is in portable audio-which is why I have a thread asking about it, but I'm anxious.

I'm also not stupid. If I had to pay retail of ANY of the high-end cabling I had, there'd be no way in hell I'de pay for the uber cabling....well MAYBE, I'm anal about that kinda stuff though
600smile.gif

But strictly from a monetary standpoint, I think you can't go wrong with dece quality copper, as to me, it's not TOTALLY worth the difference in price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back