POLL: Do earbuds stay in your ears?
Apr 23, 2011 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

T78Power

New Head-Fier
So, my main reason that I tried IEM's in the first place was because I could not get earbuds to stay in my ears at all.
It's pretty bad to the point if I tilt my head to the side they will fall out.

I made this poll to see what percentage of people they actually fit.

I'm talking about EARBUDS not CANALPHONES (stock apple buds type)

also feel free to post your thoughts and experiences with earbuds
popcorn.gif

Apr 23, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 11
Short answer: Yes
They usually stay in my ears, but it depends on the size - If they're too big and bulky, they tend to fall out more easily. Sizes like stock Apple earbuds stay perfectly fine (not that I've used those for years 
etysmile.gif
).

Apr 23, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #6 of 11
Sorry, but not to be a jackass(I seem to be in this forum though
biggrin.gif
).  Solutions are IEMs as they have many tips to get a good fit, and it will not fallout any more than buds.  

Or you can go the the head clamping force of HD600 series.  A new one will clamp on your head to the point of making it painful experience, but it will not slide off.
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #7 of 11
they never do that is why i prefer full sized cans.

Apr 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #9 of 11
I have been wondering about just this for quite some time now. I have never been able to use and earbuds because they always fall out of my ears. I have done some looking into on this and have found what I believe to be a good answer.

Here, you can see what, apparently, the majority of people's ears look like. Notice how it has a closed in (for lack of better words) shape. This is what I believe holds in the earbuds.

Here, you can see what the ears of people whom they do not work for look like. Notice that the area that was closed before is now open so that it will not hold the earbud in.

I'm no expert by any means on any of this. This just seemed like the most logical explanation to me. What do you guys think?

Apr 23, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
I have been wondering about just this for quite some time now. I have never been able to use and earbuds because they always fall out of my ears. I have done some looking into on this and have found what I believe to be a good answer.

Here, you can see what, apparently, the majority of people's ears look like. Notice how it has a closed in (for lack of better words) shape. This is what I believe holds in the earbuds.

Here, you can see what the ears of people whom they do not work for look like. Notice that the area that was closed before is now open so that it will not hold the earbud in.

I'm no expert by any means on any of this. This just seemed like the most logical explanation to me. What do you guys think?

my ears look like the top and they still fall out.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #11 of 11
hmm interesting.. My ears are like the bottom ones so that explains a lot.
I do go back and try earbuds once in a blue moon but it just always ends up reminding me why i use IEMs.

seems like it's pretty close but with more of the people having problems than not.

I also just saw custom molds on Westone's website to use with apple earbuds LOL. Now why in the world would I even consider such thing?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back