Poll: Cans vs. Earbuds vs. Canalphones
Aug 8, 2005 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

eric521

New Head-Fier
I'm doing some research into personal preferences for different types of headphones. I'd really appreciate it if you would vote for the general type of headphones that you prefer.

Thanks in advance!
Eric

Aug 8, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 20
as much I love my UE-10s going with headphone as final answer.

Aug 8, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 20
Regular headphones for me..

Clip-ons work well for portable use, I've actually not needed the isolation of my UM2 much
eek.gif

(I don't travel as I used to)

Aug 8, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 20
It really depends on where i'm using them.
Home use, definitely headphones.
when I'm out and about, I prefer my E4c.

Aug 8, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 20
entirely depends...
on the move: canal phones
home listening to music: cans
home listening to the tv/eps: buds
in the car: speakers

In my oppinion the buds are near-useless for music listening, but when sound quality is less of an issue they are more comfortable than either of the other two...

Aug 9, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #11 of 20
Well for portable, either clip-ons or IEMs...

But I much prefer listening to my MS-1s any other time...in fact I've walked around several times with my MS-1s, people five me strange looks, I wonder why (maybe its the yellow pads??)
rolleyes.gif

Aug 9, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #12 of 20
I prefer the sound of headphones, however canalphones are much more usefull IMO while maintaing a competitive sound. As for earbuds if they stay secure, they are simply the best for working out.

Aug 9, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric521
I'm doing some research into personal preferences for different types of headphones.

I hope it isn't any sort of serious research.
tongue.gif

I voted Cans because I only use them in ideal real world conditions. However, if I was stranded on a deserted island I might prefer the ER-4S (canal). The only exception would be if I needed to hear the wild boars that were after me as I descended from the cantaloupe tree after looking for some melon.

Aug 9, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #14 of 20
At least for the time being, I have to go with canalphones. If I had a quieter environment, I might choose headphones.

Obviously for portable purposes, I'd go with canalphones.

Aug 9, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #15 of 20
Would have been interesting to see speakers there as well, just for fun!

So if speakers were there, I would have voted for speakers but since they are not there, I'll vote for regular cans. Can't stand to have stuff in my ears for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back