Feb 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #481 of 551
Quote:
i wasn't sure so to be sure i did two tests,

firstly the test on here
http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencychecklow.php

there is rumble through 10hz
but no sound/pitch or whatever you consider to be 'heard'

at 10hz
though here (test for harmonic distortion)
http://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_subwooferharmonicdistortion.php
bottom left.
nothing, null sound, null rumble

by 16hz there is a slight rumble but it really doesn't feel like noise again i am trying to be put it how it feels as i dont see any way of better describing it.

at 20hz
the rumble is more visible and noticeable but its not like a car horn visible.

I agree with this,
usually 17khz is visible
under right condiitons the 18khz test is visible.
but my brain recognises something is going on at 18khz whether i hear it or not makes no difference.

to be sure, above 18khz i cant hear anything and my brain doesnt think there is anything going on

Edit: for quote and response

Interestingly enough I can hear the bottom row... Sounds like when you're driving on the highway and crack the back car window.

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #482 of 551
Nope I have it set to 16/48 up to 24/192 on the bladelius. It does change itself on the fly though if it needs to use another sampling rate. The DACport LX ranges from 24/44 to 24/96.

I believe the files are 44.1, so there's going to be some resampling done on the bladelius no matter what. What are your Windows sound settings?  If they are at 44.1kHz and your DACport is set on that as well that should eliminate any resampling. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #483 of 551
Quote:
Nope I have it set to 16/48 up to 24/192 on the bladelius. It does change itself on the fly though if it needs to use another sampling rate. The DACport LX ranges from 24/44 to 24/96.

Wow just tested it on there and I can hear the same on that....? The lowest tone has the slowest flutter rate to the bass and it appears the bass is deepest on that tone. As I move up to higher tones, the pitch of those tones gets higher and the flutter rate of the bass increases....

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #484 of 551
Quote:

I believe the files are 44.1, so there's going to be some resampling done on the bladelius no matter what. What are your Windows sound settings?  If they are at 44.1kHz and your DACport is set on that as well that should eliminate any resampling. 

On windows I have it set to 16/44 right now.... The bladelius can playback without upsampling. The DACport LX upsamples everything to 24 bit it seems (24/44 to 24/96). Same results though on both DACs....

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #485 of 551
Quote:
On windows I have it set to 16/44 right now.... The bladelius can playback without upsampling. The DACport LX upsamples everything to 24 bit it seems (24/44 to 24/96). Same results though on both DACs....

Hmm, other than avoid browser playback I don't know what to tell you. You shouldn't be hearing two frequencies when there is only one playing.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #486 of 551
Quote:
Hmm, other than avoid browser playback I don't know what to tell you. You shouldn't be hearing two frequencies when there is only one playing.

Yeah I really don't know what to say either. I mean even when I took hearing tests long ago I remember hearing that higher frequency noise on their equipment so I don't know what to say. Could be I interpret sound differently from you. While I definitely hear the bass there is a higher frequency to it that reaches higher up in pitch the higher the htz... What I notice most though is the speed of the bass reverbs if you will as the files go higher.

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #488 of 551
Genetics screwed me, both my mother and father have severe hearing loss. I'm 32 and can't hear much above 12 khz.

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #489 of 551
Quote:
Genetics screwed me, both my mother and father have severe hearing loss. I'm 32 and can't hear much above 12 khz.

:frowning2:... Do you have awesome vision? Generally when we lack in one area we tend to be rather acute in the other. My vision sucks. But my hearing is quite good. :)

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #491 of 551
Quote:
:frowning2:... Do you have awesome vision? Generally when we lack in one area we tend to be rather acute in the other. My vision sucks. But my hearing is quite good. :)

This is funny, maybe this is why I hear so well?  I have no stereo vision and a very bad amblyopia in my left eye. lol  (though it's not really funny) :-/

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #492 of 551
Quote:

This is funny, maybe this is why I hear so well?  I have no stereo vision and a very bad amblyopia in my left eye. lol  (though it's not really funny) :-/

well i wouldnt know for sure but i had met a few blind people who could hear/smell things that we could hear and smell but not to any Nth degree like they could.

im sure there are adaptations to the human body's senses when parts get disabled etc but i wouldnt have a clue what extent that is.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #493 of 551
Quote:
well i wouldnt know for sure but i had met a few blind people who could hear/smell things that we could hear and smell but not to any Nth degree like they could.

im sure there are adaptations to the human body's senses when parts get disabled etc but i wouldnt have a clue what extent that is.

Well my Auntie has very good hearing herself and poor vision. She complains when people listen at high volumes and will ask that the said equipment be turned down lol.  She also has an appreciation for our hobby which is a rare thing lol. Most people just think we are crazy for the amount of money we spend on gear and cannot hear the difference, nor appreciate it for that matter. That tends to happen when you get accustomed to "diarrhea-quality". :wink:

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #494 of 551
Quote:
Well my Auntie has very good hearing herself and poor vision. She complains when people listen at high volumes and will ask that the said equipment be turned down lol.  She also has an appreciation for our hobby which is a rare thing lol. Most people just think we are crazy for the amount of money we spend on gear and cannot hear the difference, nor appreciate it for that matter. That tends to happen when you get accustomed to "diarrhea-quality". :wink:

Hehe funny that,

a lot of people are more concerned about the price and appearance than what they are getting though.
maybe busted their hearing on basshead or extreme loud music...

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #495 of 551
Yep its about a fashion statement more so in this day an age. I rather have quality than quantity any day :). With quantity you get bored eventually and you'll never be satisfied. That applies to so much more though in day to day life. That's a part of human nature though. You never appreciate something as much as when you no longer have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back