POLL! Best basshead cans! 200$ and below.
Dec 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #138 of 151

Quote:
Lol, we're doing the opposite. I just placed an order for the DT990/600, which will arrive tomorrow. I will directly compare the two DT990s, though I'm pretty much set on returning the Pros.

yeah but ure not a true basshead, if you were, ud like the xb500, ^_^ 

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #139 of 151
Why then, do people say the 990s dosent even come close to the 770? Is there pro THAT big of a diffrence in bass? if what u say is right, it seems like a great basshead phone right?

That's because the DT770 Pro 80 has a MASSIVE sub bass emphasis. It literally runs the show. The DT990/600 has a fantastic amount of sub bass, but is more in line with the rest of the sound.

You can ask RPGWizard. He will tell you the DT770 Pro 80 isn't big on mid bass.

Bought them for $250. $21 more than what I paid last year, but that's fine.

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #140 of 151

Quote:
But nah I won't.  I'm stil not buying an open can having more impact than a closed one, especially in the sub-bass.

Read again, its more mid bass, not more sub, in sub, the dt770s have more...but i like more mid and impact like the xb500 
beyersmile.png

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #141 of 151

Quote:
That's because the DT770 Pro 80 has a MASSIVE sub bass emphasis. It literally runs the show. The DT990/600 has a fantastic amount of sub bass, but is more in line with the rest of the sound.
You can ask RPGWizard. He will tell you the DT770 Pro 80 isn't big on mid bass.
Bought them for $250. $30 more than what I paid last year, but that's fine.

What bro? http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Open-Studio-Headphones-Ohms/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323895129&sr=8-1 175 and they are 160 shipped on ebay? you got RIPPED OFF!

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #142 of 151
I thought you meant the PREMIUMS. I bought my DT990 Pro for $200 flat. I bought them from the listing that is fulfilled by Amazon, since it has their return policy. The ones for $175 don't have Amazon's return policy. No one can beat Amazon's return policy.

Always make sure you buy directly from Amazon or a 3rd party that is fulfilled by Amazon. Otherwise, you may have a hard time returning an item with 3rd party sellers.

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #143 of 151

Quote:
I thought you meant the PREMIUMS. I bought my DT990 Pro for $200 flat. I bought them from the listing that is fulfilled by Amazon, since it has their return policy. The ones for $175 don't have Amazon's return policy.

Ohh! My bad for not specifying hahaha quisiera que estuvieses en rio piedra co~o :'''(! Enserio quiero comparar el bass a xb500.. pero suenan parecidos en bass! :D 

Dec 15, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #144 of 151

Quote:
But wait, it dosent compare? the dt770s? and the 990s arent as good as the 770s? damn.

Quit saying this "is" and "isn't" better than (enter headphone here)?

It's strange to me how many posts you have and how little you seem to know about sound altogether. 

Making presumed conclusions whilst blatantly forgetting that sound is subjective isn't going to help you get any closer to your goal. 

People are merely describing the characteristics of headphones to let you decide which one best fits your listening preferences.

Nobody is saying A is better than B, they are saying that A has these characteristics and B has these characteristics, and you decide which one has what you are looking for. 

PS: If all you want is stick-hardening, head throbbing, throat clogging bass and nothing else, your XB500's should be the end of your "audiophile" journey. 

From here on, you are only going to find headphones with improved bass quality along with improved mids and highs, save for the DT770, which seems the only logical upgrade for your bass quantity obsession. 

/End Thread

Lol

Dec 15, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #145 of 151
I didn't realize D2000 was sub-$200. Oh wait, **** american pricing. In europe be prepaired to pay 300 EUR for these.

It's strange to me how many posts you have and how little you seem to know about sound altogether. 

Making presumed conclusions whilst blatantly forgetting that sound is subjective isn't going to help you get any closer to your goal. 

People are merely describing the characteristics of headphones to let you decide which one best fits your listening preferences.

Nobody is saying A is better than B, they are saying that A has these characteristics and B has these characteristics, and you decide which one has what you are looking for. 

So true, this can't be touted too many times around this forums, ineedmorebase has yet to realize this. :p

Dec 15, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #146 of 151

Quote:

Vonx got a point. Oh and lastly, please stop double/triple/quad posting.

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #147 of 151

Quote:
No, the DT770 Pro 80 didn't bother me. The sub bass doesn't hurt, but it was too prominent that it swallowed the sound. Not in the way mid bass swallows up mids, but it was too prominent. Bear in mind, it never bothered me in the way the XB500 and DT990 Pro does.
I would say the DT990 Pro has more punchy mid bass than the DT770 Pro 80, while the Pro 80 has slightly more sub bass, and slower decay.
The DT990/600 from memory had a noticeably quicker and better textured bass section, in both sub and mid bass. Less sub bass than the DT770 Pro and DT990 Pro, less mid bass than the DT990 Pro and XB500, but punchier than the DT770 pro.

What do you mean by PUNCHIER? I mean, how is that posible, for it have a bigger punch/thump if its an open headphone? compared to the closed, dt 770.

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #148 of 151
The way the DT990 Pro does bass unlike any other open headphone. It sounds like a closed headphone in terms of bass. You'd have to hear it to understand.

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #150 of 151
I'm just gonna get them with the e10, ITS BEEN ******* FINALLY DECIDED...!!!! I really hope I don't find the bass lacking xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back