Poll: Audeze Mobius - Post-Fix White Noise/Hiss/Noise Floor - Do you hear it?

Do you hear "white noise" or "hiss" on your post-fix unit when no audio is playing?

• Yes

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 45.0%

• Total voters
Oct 15, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #46 of 63
Not sure if this has any bearing on the topic of this thread but I noticed something odd in the app while experimenting with the sound profiles. The mic display icon shifts from mute to the percentage of the mic volume for a brief second at seemingly random intervals.

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #47 of 63
As you describe it the hiss may well be at the same level as the other 2 I've measured.
How would you judge the state of your hearing and how old are you?
In my mid thirties. I haven't measured my hearing in a few years, but in my mid/late twenties I could still hear above 20kHz, and I've neither been to loud rock concerts since nor do I work in noisy environments, so it should still be pretty good. And like I said, I do hear it, it's just that it's got such a pleasant/broad spectrum profile that I don't …perceive it anymore when anything else is playing on them.

Oct 15, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #48 of 63
In my mid thirties. I haven't measured my hearing in a few years, but in my mid/late twenties I could still hear above 20kHz, and I've neither been to loud rock concerts since nor do I work in noisy environments, so it should still be pretty good. And like I said, I do hear it, it's just that it's got such a pleasant/broad spectrum profile that I don't …perceive it anymore when anything else is playing on them.
As you describe it you might well be a " victim" of good hearing.
If you want to decide about sending your Mobius for service or not you can send it to me for measurement first.
Just PM me.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #49 of 63

no wonder. for me 17k MAX!

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #50 of 63
If you want to decide about sending your Mobius for service or not you can send it to me for measurement first.
Just PM me.

good hearing ability is a mixed blessing indeed. lucky i am NOT blessed with such "gift".

the quality of auduze products are extremely consistent. so as their qc.

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #51 of 63
Just PM me.
Oh, no, I'm definitely not sending them in to Audeze for service! I don't really listen to them without anything playing all that often :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, so it really doesn't bother me. It's like how you can clearly see the film grain or slight noise on a single frame of a movie when it's stopped, but as soon as it's running everything looks fine? That's how it feels to me with the Mobius.
If anything, I'm more interested in the whole picture, if there's really some kind of difference in the produced pairs, or if people are just making much ado about nothing.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #52 of 63
Had a thought for people where the noise is too loud, maybe larger angled ear pads might help? Distancing the driver from your ear a bit more.

Edit: nvm saw Lunars post that its audible even when pulling the cups away from the ears.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #53 of 63
This pretty much deterred me from buying this. Loved my Campfire Audio Andromeda but couldn’t handle the hiss.

Can’t believe this stuff gets past R&D and QC.

Oct 23, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #54 of 63
This pretty much deterred me from buying this. Loved my Campfire Audio Andromeda but couldn’t handle the hiss.

Can’t believe this stuff gets past R&D and QC.
Did you try it for yourself? If not, try to check out a pair and see (or rather hear) for yourself if it'd even be a problem for you. It's not a sharp, piercing hiss, so you might very well find it tolerable, and miss out on an otherwise awesome pair of cans if you don't.

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #55 of 63
I hear what sounds like extremely quiet noise - it's more like a 'feeling' there's sound there rather than actually hearing it, if that makes sense. It's definitely not something I would consider a problem in any capacity. I don't hear it with anything playing.

Bingo

And in real world situations, anywhere but in particularly quite space (and with nothing playing), I don't hear it. You do realize any audio track has more background noise than this? You'd have to be obsessing to notice much of anything and then fixating on it with most of your brain power.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #56 of 63
Just an update: I don't know if I have just become more and more tuned into the headphones' noise profile or if the noise level changes as they age, but by now, especially at home where it's quieter, but at work as well, I can now hear the noise pretty clearly, much more loudly than I remember from the beginning. Maybe that's a contributing factor as well—maybe the units people were complaining about were built earlier, and the quiet models were still younger. It's still not at a level were I would send them back (yet), but at one where I can definitely see others deem it unacceptable. And I might not have bought them if I had tested them with noise being at this level.

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #57 of 63
Jan 18, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #59 of 63
Truth. I remember back in the day there was a youtube reviewer that brought it up. I had a small uneducated hope that it would somehow lessen over time.

I will say the warm setting with unorthodox hrtf settings does make listening more enjoyable. Worth a shot for those who feel their head measurements are not working out for them.

Thanks for that. I'm pleasantly surprised to see a mainstream review that mentions the hiss and isn't just a nonsense glowing review just to keep the review samples coming in.

Jan 21, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #60 of 63

Really good to read something like this when sometimes think you are imagening the hiss:

I also ran into some issues when using the headset that must be mentioned. No matter what I tried or how I had the headset connected, there is an ever-present hiss in the background. It can be drowned out by loud passages in movies or music, but I kept hearing it. I read online that some owners have heard the same thing, while others don’t.

I can not imagine how the hiss must have sounded before they re-worked all units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back