Polk Buckle- an overlooked headphone that deserves a thread
Dec 3, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #32 of 39
The build quality on these is absolutely fantastic, esp. for the price. However, they're tuned a bit too warm and slow, like speakers, for my tastes. Got new pair for sale in the classifieds if interested.

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #33 of 39
I know this thread is old but I am considering buying a pair for my nephew. I  could have it at 69$ CAD which is a good price considering the construction and quality. Sound quality isnt the first thing here .. I would like to know if it would be compatible with the PS4 dual shock. I know the mic uses some sort of switch or something like that so I am just curious because he will use it as is headset for gaming. I do not want to buy him a pair of cheap Tritton or Logitech this is why I am considering these. Let me know if you guys tried it or not !

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #34 of 39
These Headphone's do sound good, However they have a major flaw in their Audio input side.

DO NOT BUY THESE YOUR WASTING YOUR MONEY!

I bought Polk Buckle headphones for $200 Canadian on Boxing Day (2015) on sale ($150 off) thinking great a $350 headset by a good brand for $200 that's fine by me.
Well, the first ones lasted until June 2016, Yes only 6 months. The right speaker stopped working entirely without notice.

So I used my 1st 1 year warranty call, they sent me to the guy in Canada and I could not believe how easy it was he just asked my name and address and that is it! nothing else, he didn't even want the broken ones back.
I asked why wouldn't they want their $350 pair of headphones back and he said "Its to expensive to fix"

So, I get the new pair and it has not even made it 2 full months, they broke yesterday (Aug 31st). They aren't 100% broke but the left side cuts in and out as I walk because my Audio input has began to fail already!

I never abused either pairs, I cant afford to abuse $200. I could only manage to buy these with money from Christmas.
So now I understand what "To expensive to fix" means, It means they know their a piece and they would have to entirely re design the audio jack to actually fix the problem. To re design the audio jack would require them to completely re design the headphones and that is why it would be to expensive to fix.

I'm pissed my 1 year warranty is almost over and if this pair cant even last 2 months what will the next pair last? From what I see 2-6 months, I'm so disappointed in Polk right now and wont ever spend more money on them for "Quality" again.

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #35 of 39
I can't really appreciate the sound signature of these headphones. I don't like the M50's either so you can take what I say with a grain of salt.

OK, so after fifty hours of breakin the sound has changed radically, I'm really starting to like the sound of these headphones. I've never had a headphone that changed so much after burnin.

I changed the pads to Brainwavz- Agled-Memory-Earpad and they are much more comfortable.

I put some cotton in the cups and it's very clean and open sounding, more like an open headphone.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #36 of 39
These Headphone's do sound good, However they have a major flaw in their Audio input side.

DO NOT BUY THESE YOUR WASTING YOUR MONEY!

I bought Polk Buckle headphones for $200 Canadian on Boxing Day (2015) on sale ($150 off) thinking great a $350 headset by a good brand for $200 that's fine by me.

Well, the first ones lasted until June 2016, Yes only 6 months. The right speaker stopped working entirely without notice.

So I used my 1st 1 year warranty call, they sent me to the guy in Canada and I could not believe how easy it was he just asked my name and address and that is it! nothing else, he didn't even want the broken ones back.

I asked why wouldn't they want their $350 pair of headphones back and he said "Its to expensive to fix"

So, I get the new pair and it has not even made it 2 full months, they broke yesterday (Aug 31st). They aren't 100% broke but the left side cuts in and out as I walk because my Audio input has began to fail already!

I never abused either pairs, I cant afford to abuse $200. I could only manage to buy these with money from Christmas.

So now I understand what "To expensive to fix" means, It means they know their a piece and they would have to entirely re design the audio jack to actually fix the problem. To re design the audio jack would require them to completely re design the headphones and that is why it would be to expensive to fix.

I'm pissed my 1 year warranty is almost over and if this pair cant even last 2 months what will the next pair last? From what I see 2-6 months, I'm so disappointed in Polk right now and wont ever spend more money on them for "Quality" again.

Send me both pairs and I'll fix one and send it back to you........I'll keep the other one.

May 15, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #37 of 39
I'm obviously reviving a zombie thread... but it's just to check in and confirm to anyone who might wonder whether these are worth getting... they're not. :sweat_smile:

Curiosity got the better of me and I got them for < $38 from Amazon, brand new, but I'm sending them back, even if it costs me... 'cuz.... life is too short for muffled, mediocre sound, as pretty as they are -- and I really do like the looks and styling.

IMG_5681.jpeg IMG_5682.jpeg

Mar 13, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #38 of 39
I can't really appreciate the sound signature of these headphones. I don't like the M50's either so you can take what I say with a grain of salt.

OK, so after fifty hours of breakin the sound has changed radically, I'm really starting to like the sound of these headphones. I've never had a headphone that changed so much after burnin.

I changed the pads to Brainwavz- Agled-Memory-Earpad and they are much more comfortable.

I put some cotton in the cups and it's very clean and open sounding, more like an open headphone.
Hello, good morning, could you tell me how to open these headphones, since no matter how hard I tried I could not do it, I want to try the mod that you mention to put cotton on them, thanks

Mar 13, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #39 of 39
I pulled the Polk Hinge on ear version off. And you go in from the earpads. The Hinge does have an Achilles heal. The ear cups are held down to the plastic head band by two really thin machine screws. I think they should have used a metal spacer to anchor the screws. Anyway for anyone who owns the Hinge, the cups will break off someday. A mod to keep it from breaking off is to use an upside down U shape sheet metal plate to hold down the ear cups to the head band using like a zip tie. I saw the Buckle uses T6 torx screws. But I have not opened the cups yet. The 2.5mm jack does seem like prone to wear prematurely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back