Polk Audio RTI A3 speakers
Sep 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Mad Max

Headphoneus Supremus
So, do any of you own a pair?  How good are these?

Edit: Also, this subwoofer stood out to me at a Best Buy because of its clarity and control.  But I see this one lumped together with the RTI A3 on amazon.  Opinions?

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 8
I think there are better sub for 250. What is your max?

http://forum.blu-ray.com/subwoofers/

All the info you need is in here. You can go into polks speaker thread and ask about rti.
hope this helps.

These subs are really good for its price. I got the 10 inch and its nice the 12 is even better.
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=HD-SUB12&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_sop=12&_odkw=Acoustic+Audio+HD-SUB&_osacat=0

AA subwoofers
http://forum.blu-ray.com/subwoofers/85212-official-acoustic-audio-subwoofer-owners-thread.html

Very popular among blu-ray users.

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks!
Got some reading to do!

Sep 20, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 8
hey i got the tsi200 which have similar specs, i wanted the rtia3 but got a sweet deal on these, id say the bass is good and can punch, i found the highs rather forward and bright, and depend on the recording, i  do find their mids lacking, but overalll they are a fun sounding speaker that was well worth the 150  i paid.    
   i am seriously curious if anyone has compared  the tsi 200 to the rtia3 or something similar????
 i also wanted to compare the klipsch rb61  vs the polk tsi 200 or the klipsch rb51 vs the klipsch rb 61 vs the rtia3??????????

but im actually looking at definitive tech and wharfedale, ascend, and is there any more suggestion for bookshelfs that can punch??????

thanks

Sep 20, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 8
A friend heard RTI A3 versus Canton GLE420, felt the Canton speakers were better.  He and I seem to have similar tastes, so I'll probably prefer them as well.  I've heard a couple of those TSI speakers locally, but I wasn't all that impressed with them versus a handful of powered monitors I've heard.  The Polk Audio tone sits well with me hence why I asked about RTI A3.  The Klipsch tone is weird, I heard some their Image(?) speakers locally.  I did like some B&W speakers I also heard, but I forgot their model numbers.  Their soft, golden tone was kind of cool.  The salesman told me they only put in about 100 hours of burn-in, meh, so I'm not sure about them.

Anyone heard RTI 1000i or Canton Fonum 301?

Still open to recommendations.

Sep 22, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 8

ill have to check out canton, i dont think klipsch sounds weird at all , maybe just lack of of sub bass but i have the small rb51, i cant say forward as i thought the polk is a lot brighter, in fact i really  like the klipsch horn really sounds lifelike for tv, i am actually listening to them right now.  the dont have piercing highs like the tsi 200 could can have and when i literally a/b them and switch back and forth i always have to eq the treble way down on the tsi 200 vs the klipsch rb51 i can turn up the treble.
i am seriously consider the next size up rb 61, which look to have same horn just bigger cabinet and woofer, i need to do more research.

anymore bookshelf speaker recommendations???????? or compares???  those compares are valuable guys, speakers are much harder to try out then phones.

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #7 of 8
Like Horns? Check out HSU HB-1s. Although the Tekton 6.5s are pretty damn good in the same price range. I would say either of those are better than any modern Klipsch. Not that the Klipsch are bad at all for tv. However, either of the two aforementioned speakers are an improvement for music.

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Like Horns? Check out HSU HB-1s. Although the Tekton 6.5s are pretty damn good in the same price range. I would say either of those are better than any modern Klipsch. Not that the Klipsch are bad at all for tv. However, either of the two aforementioned speakers are an improvement for music.

hey thanks that is super appreciated i will definitely  check those out, i do really like my klipsch,

i wonder how the hsu hb-1 or the tekton 6.5 compare to some paradigm titans.

i was at the dealer the other day and they carry klipsch and paradigm,,  it was very close (but not really cuz the weird music the guy made me listen too combined with the  foreign listening environment make the a/b  somewhat useless) he did let me operate the switch for a few and i could her a difference, vocals sounded a bit different maybe better than klipsch  ( oh  it was the titan v6 vs klipsch rb-81)  titan was actually smaller,, they appeared to have same bass again this was store a/b in foreign  environment.    but i think maybe the paradigm titan sounded a bit thicker more timbre maybe?   so im curious if anyone compared them to hsu hb-1 or tekton 6??
or if anyone has a/b the paradigm and klipsch as well that would be a huge help.

thanks

and yea i think i maybe partial to horns, they  let you pinpoint the sweet spot when u get it right ti is awesome,,  other speakers i have tried just leak out ound in all directions

the paradigm titan have a somewhat coned tweeter for directional purpose nothing like a horn, but they did better than others but still leaked out sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back