Polk audio is entering the Headphone market
Jun 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 10

Quote:
I'm a Polk Audio owner and I was kinda surprised when I saw this link.  http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/16/polk-enters-the-headphone-game-with-sporty-generic-ear-speakers/

while I think the wraparound cans in the picture are ugly, I think its very interesting that Polk is looking at joining this market.

Polk Audio is really nothing special except their low price for entry level budget speakers. The only current version of the LSi is worth something but not quite up there . Their HPs probably will have the same marketing scheme. 

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #3 of 10
it is interesting but i agree with above. i never found newer polk speakers anything special personally. the best speakers i ever heard from polk from my personal opinion was their vintage polk monitor 10's with the older peerless tweeters. i really liked lot of polk's vintage line-up. seems they lost their touch with their newer line-up so i'm not really expecting much from their headphone line-up if they get more into it but i can be wrong.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #6 of 10
Used to be a fan of Pok RTi and LSi series (about 6-8 years ago), don't like their new generation and I bet these headphones will be the same, cheap for the masses mentality.

Still kicking myself for not buying a bunch of LSi 9's for $249 a pair when they went on clearance.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #7 of 10

Looks kinda cheap and tacky, tbh. They certainly don't seem to be aiming for the audiophile demographic with these.

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 10
ACDOAN, who is on your avatar?  If it's a painting, who is the artist?

About the headphones, bad start for Polk.  That's all I got to say.

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
ACDOAN, who is on your avatar?  If it's a painting, who is the artist?

About the headphones, bad start for Polk.  That's all I got to say.

No, the lady is real. Very real, She's only a painting in my dream. Sorry, E. Costello. It's pure platonic. She's the one and the only : Diana Krall. The only one with the voice and the skill of playing piano that makes my Martin Logan sounding so good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back