Point me toward some good electroclash?
Aug 5, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
Yeah, but that's not electroclash, now, is it?

True, and that is why I prefer it.
biggrin.gif

I'm not too into the whole electroclash thing.

Aug 6, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckie27
If the faint is electro-clash then
Cloud Cult
Elkland
New Order

Ok, I checked out Elkland last night. And Wet from Birth by The Faint is much more "electroclash" than Golden. But Golden is pretty good. I kind of get a Robert Smith fronts New Order feel about it. They are completely deritive, but they're young, so maybe they will get there own sound.

Felix da Housecat was another great recommendation. Now, Devin Dazzle and the Neon Fever, I would classify as "clash". Great, fun, throwaway album. Anytime, I catch the hooks on the first listen, I know it will burn out soon.

I had to order some others, but basically, something from every artist has been purchased and the ones auditioned have been enjoyed. Adult is even growing on me a little. Hold Your Breath is a Great Song. More of there stuff shall be explored also.

The Faint is still my fave though - just great stuff that is harder for me to classify.

Aug 7, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #18 of 20
The Faint. The only band you need to know about electroclash

Blank Wave Arcade is really low-fi laid back and incredible, my favorite
Danse Macabre, more polished and completely awesome

Wet from Birth I didnt like at first, but it grew on me. Go with BWA and DM first though

Aug 7, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #19 of 20
lol Did you read the thread? It's all good. Sometimes I get too exuberant as well. You're right about The Faint. They're pretty friggin' slick. Out of the recs, it's 'tween them and Felix da Housecat for my fave right now. Place your bets!

I actually started with Wet and have ordered DM. BWA will hold a place in next weeks batch of disc purchases that is for sure.

As for Wet from Birth, I really dig it. So if DM is even better, I cannot wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chim
Wet from Birth I didnt like at first, but it grew on me. Go with BWA and DM first though

Aug 8, 2005 at 7:26 AM Post #20 of 20
You need to get First Album by Miss Kittin and the Hacker, too. Quote:

Originally Posted by atomic
True, and that is why I prefer it.
biggrin.gif

I'm not too into the whole electroclash thing.

Um...this is an electroclash thread, neh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back