Thaddy has girly hands....hehe....

Thanks for the hosting Kurt, appreciate it
biggrin.gif

And Zemo, I moisturize daily
eek.gif

Mar 14, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #62 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
[size=small]For Swiss Army knife I prefer a Wenger[/size], which has better metal and finish, and seems to hold an edge better than Victorinox (at least the knife I own).

Not my experience at all over the last forty years. Victorinox is superior to Wenger in every way, including the can opener. All of my Victorinox have taken and held better edges than the Wengers I have come across.

Mar 17, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #63 of 240
Thaddy what model chive did you get? I can't decide between the boron black or the TiNi chive. Does all the chive models have the pocket clip on them?

I agree with Old Pa. The Victorinox’s are built to last a lifetime+, and holds an excellent edge.

Mar 17, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #64 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReaper
Thaddy what model chive did you get? I can't decide between the boron black or the TiNi chive. Does all the chive models have the pocket clip on them?

I agree with Old Pa. The Victorinox’s are built to last a lifetime+, and holds an excellent edge.

I was getting ready to make a similar decision. Where are you ordering yours from? I found it for $45 plus $6 shipping here: Chive

Mar 17, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #65 of 240
I rotate my daily carry between a custom mamoth ivory handled fixed blade, a crkt ryan 7, a crkt blade lock (forget the name), and a crkt m16. I've got a bunch of others, but they never find their way into my pocket. The crkts are all combo blades.

May 17, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #69 of 240
I just lost my CRKT PECK (canoe trip) and was looking for a new everyday carry to replace it. I use it as a non-offensive utility knife, and I'm looking for something with a 2 - 2.5" blade, non-serrated, and well built.

How's the chive treating you now Thaddy? Any other suggestions? The only thing I didn't like about the PECK was that the lock was too easy to disengage and it would occasionally feel less than secure.

Jul 25, 2005 at 9:05 PM Post #71 of 240
I have several CRKT knives, and particularly like the blade lock models, tho the name slips my mind at the moment. I do actually tend to carry the ryan seven tho, because it's intimidating, and that amuses me.

My favorite small knife is my laguiole by G. David. It's a great little knife with a wooden handle
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #72 of 240
Someone's been doing some thread grave digging
tongue.gif

Here's my every day blade
M16K2.jpg

It holds it's edge very well and has a hidden button (the inlay closest to the top) for full auto SA that looks like it is just part of the inlay... very trick
biggrin.gif

SOG and MOD are also favorites.

So should I be the one to start the "gun-fi" thread or do we have enough gun owners for that one?

Jul 25, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #74 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
So should I be the one to start the "gun-fi" thread or do we have enough gun owners for that one?

I know a few, though I don't want to name any names.
I could also probably be convinced to take a few pics to post. However I think it would just degenerate into idiotic pro- vs anti- bickering.

Jul 26, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #75 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire
Anything large, with a serrated edge and lots of black is considered threatening.

I guess that would include my daily carry... S&W S.W.A.T. First Millennium Run partial serrated blade in all black...

sw5000bft.jpg

I seriously doubt I'd ever use it as a weapon though. Hands and feet are much more quickly deployable and much harder to turn against you.

Nice blade Wakeride74!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back