Pocket Reference2 arrived yesterday
Feb 5, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
Darn you guys... I hope mine shows up ever... apparently shipped... well printed the lable to ship January 16th... my guess is he just used this to buy himself some more time...

I think Larry from Larocco is working on the Diablo release, Im guess this is why there seems to be a longer wait time.

Feb 5, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
6" RCA to mini cable? Could you post a picture? I'd love to get my hands on one of those. I just got a 12" Zu Pivot which is definitely no slouch but a 6"?
Nice...

Sorry digital camera broke,but I will have someone take pics at the NJ meet next week of it.

Feb 5, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #18 of 27
There are some pics up at Larocco's website...

SilC-proto-001.jpg

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #19 of 27
I have to save up money for the next 4-6 months to get enough for the PRII. Then the wait time...
eek.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #20 of 27
I've emailed Larry a couple of times this weekend and have had replies in under 2 hours the first time and in 24 hours the second time. Larry said the latest production run of the PRII will be completed in 3-4 weeks and he is still accepting pre-orders for this run before it sells out.

Feb 6, 2006 at 9:22 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
I just recieved my PRII today,Larry even sent me one of his SiLC(Impressive looking cable) 6inch mini-RCA cables as well,Chargeing the battery up now.
I got to say Larry is tops in my book.I Origionally bought an unopened PRII from another headfi member. A silver one was shipped instead of a black
one the origonal owner ordered who was unaware it was silver as he posted it as a black one in his ad.
Not only did Larry exchange it for me for a black one he also added Blackgates for no charge & I was not the origional buyer.

I had heard erikzens PRII at the NY meet where I compared it to the hornet & SR71.I was impressed so much by how it sounded I sold my SR71 & picked
up the PRII.
Time to break it in ,I will be bring it to the Jersey meet next week.

can you post a pic of the 6" cable? Its difficult to imagine a mini RCA cable that short! Id love to see it. How would a 6" cable be used in a set up like that? the connectors run about 1.5" in length, so that would leave about 3" of flexibilty with the cable. I would like to see how it will be positioned. Have you been able to position the components effectively with a cable that short?.

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #23 of 27
Pics of cable are posted in post 18 of this thread. The cable is real flexible,I used it hooked up directly to my Laptop headphone out or my portable CDP.
Planning on getting a Micro Dac but probably would have to stack it backwards . The cable could use another 2 inches for more flexibility in applications.

Feb 7, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Pics of cable are posted in post 18 of this thread. The cable is real flexible,I used it hooked up directly to my Laptop headphone out or my portable CDP.
Planning on getting a Micro Dac but probably would have to stack it backwards . The cable could use another 2 inches for more flexibility in applications.

that looks like a pic of a 12" cable.
You said you had a 6" cable? Id like to see a pic of the 6" and how a cable that short would be used in a set up. Just thought it would be very interesting!

are you not allowed to post a pic of it?

Feb 7, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
You said you had a 6" cable? Id like to see a pic of the 6" and how a cable that short would be used in a set up. Just thought it would be very interesting!

digital camera broke,I am bringing it to the NJ meet I will get someone to take pics of it there.

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180

Just measured the cable with a ruler overall length of cable end to end is actually 7 1/4 inches,cable itself between connectors is 4 inches.
Larry marked the shipping box as having a 6 inch cable,my mistake.

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #27 of 27
so you feel 9" is the ideal length?

that was my assumption, as I felt 9" would be the ideal length to run a mini to RCA cable for portable application. As I couldnt understand how a 6" length would properly fit. Ive been playing with lengths for a while and I came to the conclusion 9" was best. I believe your post about adding two additional inches to you current cable verified my assumptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back