Pocket Reference2 arrived yesterday
Jan 31, 2006 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Rainbird

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,
the PR2 finally reached me yesterday and compliments to Larry, the device sounds very fine just out of the parcel. I tired it with my RS1 and my K701. I am sure with some little "burn in" (sorry Larry, I forgot that this will not bring a progress :wink:) ) or getting used with the PR2 sound will surely approve.
From today's view the PR2 is a fine device in my opinion.
icon10.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 27
With those Black Gate caps installed, figure on about 200 hours burn-in. And with RS-1's, it was suggested to me to try AD8066, as the stock AD8620 tends to sound a tad on the harsh side with the PR II. I've had mine for about a month now and I definitely agree, it is some piece of work...On Ipodstudio, PPL gave me a list of viable op-amps for swapping in case you are interested:
AD711, AD746, AD823, AD8066, OPA2107, OPA2134,
LT1028(close to AD797)

Feb 1, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #11 of 27
Sorry to hear that.
eek.gif

I hear that the PRII is the top portable amp out there.
The turn around time is kin dof a turn off for me. At least you got in on the $350 deal.

All new orders are on a waiting list and pay $100 more then you
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #13 of 27
I just recieved my PRII today,Larry even sent me one of his SiLC(Impressive looking cable) 6inch mini-RCA cables as well,Chargeing the battery up now.
I got to say Larry is tops in my book.I Origionally bought an unopened PRII from another headfi member. A silver one was shipped instead of a black
one the origonal owner ordered who was unaware it was silver as he posted it as a black one in his ad.
Not only did Larry exchange it for me for a black one he also added Blackgates for no charge & I was not the origional buyer.

I had heard erikzens PRII at the NY meet where I compared it to the hornet & SR71.I was impressed so much by how it sounded I sold my SR71 & picked
up the PRII.
Time to break it in ,I will be bring it to the Jersey meet next week.

Feb 5, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
I just recieved my PRII today,Larry even sent me one of his SiLC(Impressive looking cable) 6inch mini-RCA cables as well,Chargeing the battery up now.
I got to say Larry is tops in my book.I Origionally bought an unopened PRII from another headfi member. A silver one was shipped instead of a black
one the origonal owner ordered who was unaware it was silver as he posted it as a black one in his ad.
Not only did Larry exchange it for me for a black one he also added Blackgates for no charge & I was not the origional buyer.

I had heard erikzens PRII at the NY meet where I compared it to the hornet & SR71.I was impressed so much by how it sounded I sold my SR71 & picked
up the PRII.
Time to break it in ,I will be bring it to the Jersey meet next week.

6" RCA to mini cable? Could you post a picture? I'd love to get my hands on one of those. I just got a 12" Zu Pivot which is definitely no slouch but a 6"?
Nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back