PM Sending Limit
Sep 1, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #5 of 34
Contribute to the community I guess...
wink_face.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #6 of 34
Thanks for the tip!  I've recently joined the forum and was surprised to find a PM limit.  I wish there were clear instructions (I tried to look) for how to increase the daily PM sent allowance (currently it's 2 per day?)

Thanks,

Mike

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #7 of 34
I've been puzzling about that as well, having just joined and trying to figure put the PM system.

It would be nice to know i) the conditions under which the limit applies, and ii) how the system counts PMs -- it seems that one PM actually counts as two, so the limit per day is really one. I guess this is because there is a default cc to sender, but I can't find a PM configuration section anywhere which would explain this and allow alteration to settings. Does such a thing exist (I'm probably just blind but I have looked a fair bit)?

Yes I will be making some posts but need to put some thought into what to say ...

thanks, Andrew

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #8 of 34
find the issue interesting too. I was told the site is good to buy some used equipments.
after pm the seller twice and finished the deal. trying to find some IEMs, I was told the PM limit is reached....
had to wait till next day because not so sure if it is a good idea to post account info .... 

Oct 31, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #9 of 34
Haha yeah I have just resorted to posting in the actual threads instead of PMing people.. I guess there is no categorical answer as to how to become a 'full' member, yeah?

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #10 of 34

Quote:
find the issue interesting too. I was told the site is good to buy some used equipments.
after pm the seller twice and finished the deal. trying to find some IEMs, I was told the PM limit is reached....
had to wait till next day because not so sure if it is a good idea to post account info .... 

The PM limit is there to stop this exact thing from happening- someone joining just to buy or sell something with no interest in contributing to the community.  I think the idea is that head-fi is not ebay.  And also it prevents people from signing up just to rip someone off, they at least have to make themselves somewhat known (not accusing you of doing that). 

So trying to get around the pm limit by posting in threads is not the best idea.  If you just want to buy something, go to ebay.  If you want to be part of a headphone forum, stick around and the pm limit will be lifted soon enough... 

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #12 of 34
I'm reading the forum's topics since a lot of time, but I don't feel confortable to join in the conversations for two reasons :
1) I am not a native English speaker and I can't handle enough vocabulary on the subjects
2) I have so much to learn about products and headphones, and French speaking communities don't provide as much info

Well, this PM limitation is quite puzzling since it is apparently not mentioned in the ToS...
And today, for the first time I resgistered to contact a seller, since grado products in the EU are hard to find at a good price, and I have to interrupt my conversation with him about his products, had I known I would be stopped by PM number limitation, I surely would have sent him my e-mail address to continue our conversation... :frowning2:

Dec 11, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #14 of 34
Wait. There's a limit? I sometimes send multiple PM's a lot more than one time a day. Does it have to do with something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back