PM Sending Limit
Jan 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #19 of 34
Yes that is the WHOLE point... 
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #20 of 34
[size=10pt]^^[/size]
[size=10pt]read, review, give some tips, answer questions[/size]
[size=10pt]just post more (this is actually my first post, working my way up :wink:[/size]
[size=10pt]gogogo[/size]

May 15, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #21 of 34
First, more buyers (however new) only helps those members who are trying to sell things, its basic economics. 

Second, if someone has never personally heard any decent headphones then how can they honestly "contribute," are we trying to add to the already horrendous problem of people adding their unfounded opinions on items that they have never actually thoroughly experienced?

Third, who really cares?

May 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:
First, more buyers (however new) only helps those members who are trying to sell things, its basic economics. 

Second, if someone has never personally heard any decent headphones then how can they honestly "contribute," are we trying to add to the already horrendous problem of people adding their unfounded opinions on items that they have never actually thoroughly experienced?

Third, who really cares?

I can see a few reasons why this is so. 1) to prevent spamming. 2) to reduce the chances of fraudulent classifieds. 3) People usually join to ask questions about products they're interested in. If you want to buy something off a head-fi-er, you can PM him with your email address to continue the convo.

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #24 of 34
I am also knee deep in this new member pm cap thing. I have read in other discussion forums here at Head-Fi the tactic used by elsdon and many others does seem to help. As I understand it, if you make your initial contact ( general questions to the seller ) via open thread and in then your first PM include all your info at once + your email address ( to be used for other nagging questions back and forth ) you should be able to comfortably commit to the seller in your one remaining reply. Take the time to mention you are under a PM limit. Most members will sympathize with your frustration and work with you. Some will not.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #26 of 34
Quote:
God forbid they want to sell something nice for a decent price ... 
rolleyes.gif

The F/S section is there for the benefit of active forum members.  This is a forum with a F/S section.  Not an F/S section with an add-on forum.  If you don't like it - try E-bay.  For the contributing members here, we like the current set-up just fine.  The biggest draw is that we get to know the guys who do decide to stay and contribute ...... that builds trust ...... and that reduce the amount of fraudulent dealers.

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:
I am also knee deep in this new member pm cap thing. I have read in other discussion forums here at Head-Fi the tactic used by elsdon and many others does seem to help. As I understand it, if you make your initial contact ( general questions to the seller ) via open thread and in then your first PM include all your info at once + your email address ( to be used for other nagging questions back and forth ) you should be able to comfortably commit to the seller in your one remaining reply. Take the time to mention you are under a PM limit. Most members will sympathize with your frustration and work with you. Some will not.

That only works if you know there's a limit up front. It's a problem when the way you discover the limit is while trying to close a deal. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #28 of 34
Hello, I'm having the same issue. I thought it was a bug at first, but see it's in place to protect the integrity of the site. Good to know, I'll get more active. :)
Cheers

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #29 of 34
Quote:
Very annoying that the rules for PM'ing aren't spelled out clearly. How can a rule have any validity if it isn't clear?

It is posted in bold red letters in your welcome message. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back