Plextor to discontinue consumer CD/DVD burners...
Feb 3, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 10
Well, I have to admit that my last experiences with Plextor DVD/CD burners weren't what I expected. I've had some Plextor drives in the past and they were great but my last model was a disaster and even the 2 replacement drives I got both died on me with the same problem as my original drive.

I'm still in search of a DVD/CD writer which does a great job ripping and burning redbook cds.

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What model(s) was it that gave you problems?

It was a Plextor 708A. It stopped reading (and writing) redbook cds on all three devices. The first one got this problem after about a year and the other two after about a month.

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #7 of 10
I have a Plextor PX-W4220T, which I think was one of their first burners (1999-2000).
Rock solid burner that served me well for 2-3 years. I am pretty sure that it still work perfectly as well...

Sad to see that they discontinue their CD/DVD burners.
frown.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #8 of 10
That's awful. I've got three Plextor drives and they've been nothing but excellent. Guess I'll have to pick up a few more from eBay just in case.

Feb 3, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #9 of 10
Damn, that sucks. I truly love my PlexWriter Premium for DAE and audio burning, and have kept it through 3 or 4 rounds of DVD burner upgrades.

What am I gonna do when it, or the IDE standard, finally dies... =(

Feb 3, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, that sucks. I truly love my PlexWriter Premium for DAE and audio burning, and have kept it through 3 or 4 rounds of DVD burner upgrades.

What am I gonna do when it, or the IDE standard, finally dies... =(

do u guys love plextor for its durability or for its bit for bit cd ripping capability?

If im not wrong I thought all modern drives will give u a bit perfect copy as long as you are using EAC in secure mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back