Pleased to meet you :The Newest Headphoneus Supremus : Who wants something FREE?
Oct 6, 2006 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 179

Audiofiler

Headphoneus Supremus
---------------------------------------- Well how is it for everyone today?
Just wanted to drop a quick thank you to the folks at HF, Jude, and company. The community environment and knowledge base around this place is contagious and has certainly provided a fresh experience and interesting insight to me for some time now. I have been on this site for about 7 or so years as a reader, learner, lurker etc. I enjoy the reading and debating perspectives as well as the diversity that this site seems to attract. To those that surf the web and/or enjoy reading and chatting about Pyschoacoustics, Music, etc, Headfi may be beacon of light and information that is kindly regarded, and at least from my perspective.
Perhaps to catch up on current events, trends in various industries, or just the company of good people all the time here, this headfier just wanted to acknowledge the coolness here and maybe get antoher person a headstart on a dedicated transport, set of cans, and tunes.
I would like to extend my thanks by giving away a transportable rig to a headfier. The setup will include the following:

-- The D-33 Discman with batteries

-- A Line Out Cable for connecting via HiFi, etc

-- A set of Sony MDR-V6 headphones. These are in excellent shape with less than 50 hours on them. The V6's show just a few teeth marks in the cord near the enclosures from a curious kitty (and happened while preparing a listing for these on eBay a month ago or so, go figure).. The marks do not puncture or go through the wires inside the housing..and the affected area is quite small, just over an inch maybe. These Headphones make great digital monitors for music and playing instruments..

-- Also will include the BeyerDynamic DT-250 ear cushions which are velour and more comfortable than the stock pleather pads which are also included (and were never even used). The cans will include the original box and the associated packing materials.

** Also will include a copy of the Half Speed Mobile Fidelity Studio Labs LP of the Beatles, Abbey Road on CD ([size=xx-small]Yes, it will be a CDR of the Silver Plated Redbook that is the MFSL LP album perfectly transferred to Disc[/size])

~~ Winner pays nothing unless shipping overseas, thereby the taxes/duties upon receipt are subject to payment by the recipient ~~

How to be considered for the win..:
For entry, please Post to this thread with the words "sounds good"...and not by PM. .
Of the criterion below you must have at least ONE of the following bases covered in order to be eligible to win.

~ More than 50 posts on Headfi
~ Have been on Headfi for over 3 years (in other words Before Oct 6, 2003)

I will compile the entered names this Sunday and pull the winner out of a hat some time after I get home from the "Octoberfestivities"
12.gif

(NOTE: This may be a little later on Sunday, as I am in Arizona and on MST/PST time right now, so people should have enough time to get in on the action)

------------------------------------------- [size=xx-small]Thanks for reading, in advance[/size]

Oct 6, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 179
sounds good

Oct 6, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #12 of 179
Bah, you're only one fifth the headphoneus supremus I am!
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #15 of 179
sounds good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back