Please tell me what cans to get!!!!!
Jul 26, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #16 of 31
I promise to uphold my responsibility of proper grammar while conversing on the forum, in order to obtain and deserve respect from forum members.
I love all of you already.

Now, lastly before buying those SR80i's are there any more contenders? The sound leakage attribute is kind of steering me away from them.

How about the JVC ha-dx1's?

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crescendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k i'll look into the SR80's.
where should i buy them from?

Buy it from someone who doesn't charge shipping. Grado prohibits advertising for less than retail, so companies end up having a larger profit margin than usual. Thus, resellers give free shipping to attract sales. Most sponsors on here lean towards the overpriced end. Headroom offered a 10% off sale recently on all Grado's. Free shipping. Maybe it's still going on.

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #19 of 31
Maybe if you spend more than a 100, you won't misplace em as easily...

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #20 of 31
hey guys,
i still need to buy some headphones.
I dont want the grados, I would like there to be minimal sound leakage.
I'm a basshead and am addicted to car audio, my daily driver does 152 db, so my ears are tolerant and demand bass. lol
any recommendations for some headphones with serious bass would be appreciated. if these overbassy phones substantially compromise upper end presence and tonality let me know though.
i was just looking at sennheiser hd212's on headroom and the description says they have a very bloated bottom end, so those seem like one of the choices.

Jul 28, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

hey guys,
i still need to buy some headphones.
I dont want the grados, I would like there to be minimal sound leakage.
I'm a basshead and am addicted to car audio, my daily driver does 152 db, so my ears are tolerant and demand bass. lol
any recommendations for some headphones with serious bass would be appreciated. if these overbassy phones substantially compromise upper end presence and tonality let me know though.
i was just looking at sennheiser hd212's on headroom and the description says they have a very bloated bottom end, so those seem like one of the choices.

Save up some cash. Quality begins at around $200. Sub 100 is Grado territory.

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #22 of 31
You might like the ATH-ES7's, their bass range is very deep. Otherwise maybe an ATH-M50 or Denon Ah-D1001. sub-$100 grado's don't do bass well.

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #23 of 31
Sound-isolating and reduction headphones do not have the same SQ as open-headphones in the same price range. If you want though, Bose should fit your bill (all Bose should be under $100... if they want to become competitive with iBuds xP)

Honesty, if you want the best sub-$100 headphone, go for the MS-1i. It's based on the Sr125i model ($150), but is only $99. Plus, Alessandro ships internationally, so you'll always pay retail-value. If only there was no Grado tax on the other lines (SR, RS)!

Mark

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #25 of 31
Technics rp-dj1200A...$105, closed supra-aural, great detailed bass, overall excellent SQ, comfortable, quality build....

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

I promise to uphold my responsibility of proper grammar while conversing on the forum, in order to obtain and deserve respect from forum members.
I love all of you already.

Now, lastly before buying those SR80i's are there any more contenders? The sound leakage attribute is kind of steering me away from them.

How about the JVC ha-dx1's?

lulzzzzzzzzzzzz at your formal language, its so lamezzz

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound-isolating and reduction headphones do not have the same SQ as open-headphones in the same price range. If you want though, Bose should fit your bill (all Bose should be under $100... if they want to become competitive with iBuds xP)

Honesty, if you want the best sub-$100 headphone, go for the MS-1i. It's based on the Sr125i model ($150), but is only $99. Plus, Alessandro ships internationally, so you'll always pay retail-value. If only there was no Grado tax on the other lines (SR, RS)!

Mark

just did some forum research on the ms-1i's. seems to be loved by many of you and should have enough bass for me based on the reviews. but what exactly are the differences compared to regular Sr-125i's? and what is this quarter mod all about?

I appreciate your help head audiophiles.

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't that be "headophiles?" oh wait, that might not sound good.....

lulzzzzzzzzzzzz

any of you heard Nady QH560's?
they are soo cheap it's a lil hard to pass up on. I can get them at samash for 25 bucks
unfortunately can't listen to them, no display models

Users who are viewing this thread

Back