Please tell me what cans to get!!!!!
Jul 26, 2009 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Crescendo

New Head-Fier
Hey doods,
i stumbled on this site from google, after searching for "best headphonezzz".

ok doods,
im looking for the best overall headphones lets say under 100 bucks, ( because i seem to always lose, or misplace my headphones)

i listen to alot of everything!!!!!
looking for a very airy prominent subbass and kicky mid transients, will prob use them for my bass guitar as well, since im getting back into playing bass.

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crescendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey doods,
i stumbled on this site from google, after searching for "best headphonezzz".

ok doods,
im looking for the best overall headphones lets say under 100 bucks, ( because i seem to always lose, or misplace my headphones)

i listen to alot of everything!!!!!
looking for a very airy prominent subbass and kicky mid transients, will prob use them for my bass guitar as well, since im getting back into playing bass.

Skullcandy SC-BHESH07 Hesh Headphone. Best $45 you'll ever spend in your life.

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandy SC-BHESH07 Hesh Headphone. Best $45 you'll ever spend in your life.

rly? skullcandy

ive had their in ears in the past, horrible.

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

rly? skullcandy

ive had their in ears in the past, horrible.

Im pretty sure he was kidding... Maybe the Grado SR60i or Denon 1001's will fit your bill.

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #7 of 31
I want so much to join in the piss-taking, but it'd be wrong. Maybe the Grado SR60i's as Townyj suggested. I've not tried them, but they seem well reviewed in that price range. Word? [oops!11eleventyone||!]

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

lulzzzzz

wuts the real world difference in sound generally between open air and closed headphones??

it's like turning on speakers in a small room vs. outdoor. One's more airy and real.

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 31
For a detailed explaination on the differences, use the search function.... There have been alot of thread's on the topic.

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's like turning on speakers in a small room vs. outdoor. One's more airy and real.

how much louder would the open air's be for people surrounding you?
and do they reach mechanical limits quicker than closed backs? since there's less damping, being open air, kind of like an infinite baffle sub setup?

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #12 of 31
My limited experience is that open cans are quite audible in a moderately loud office. I switched to closed-back Ultrasones with no loss in open feel, but I don't know how sub-$100 Ultrasones stack up.

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

lulzzzzz

wuts the real world difference in sound generally between open air and closed headphones??

"lulzzzzz" hahaha

I'll jump in. Open air seem to give a more natural sound, and sometimes a better sound than closed cans. Bass almost never feels muddy. Midranges are usually warm. Low cost open headphones can have tinny treble (20KHz and up). People say the SR60 falls victim to this. Closed cans (at your price point can be just horrible. I would recommend...

As for best headphone under $100... SR80, SR60, or the MS-1's. SR80's have the most bass.

I'm hoping one day for SR60's or the MS-1's.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by iHelp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"lulzzzzz" hahaha

I'll jump in. Open air seem to give a more natural sound, and sometimes a better sound than closed cans. Bass almost never feels muddy. Midranges are usually warm. Low cost open headphones can have tinny treble (20KHz and up). People say the SR60 falls victim to this. Closed cans (at your price point can be just horrible. I would recommend...

As for best headphone under $100... SR80, SR60, or the MS-1's. SR80's have the most bass.

I'm hoping one day for SR60's or the MS-1's.
bigsmile_face.gif

k i'll look into the SR80's.
where should i buy them from?

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #15 of 31
There are several vendors you can get them from, some advertise on this site. Look at the sidebar near the top of this page, one I've dealt with successfully is Todd the Vinyl Junkie.

Oh, and by the way, we generally speak English here, not txt. You'll probably get a lot less smart-ass comments if you do too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back