Please recommend your favorite scary/disturbing fiction novels
Apr 26, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #17 of 20
Have you read the novel by Stephen King The Long Walk. It was written under the Richard Bachman name and is definitely really creepy. I recommend it.

Apr 26, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Prey, was ace, its about artificial intelligence/evolution based on basic computer models of insects evolving, he also knows his stuff, it makes sense, and cause ive done molecular biology at uni i found it really quite disturbing, better than any film ive seen

Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Al4x...thanks for the Crichton suggestion. I've read most of his books and thoroughly enjoy his work. "Congo" and "Rising Sun" were so much better than the films. Light years better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could you reccomend any of his others, thats the only one ive read

To Al4x:
IMO, you really can't go wrong with any of his novels prior to timeline, though the really older ones like Andromeda Strain and Terminal Man are really starting to show their age. Personally, my favorite Crichton novels are Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Disclosure, Airframe and State Of Fear. You mentioned that you've done Molecular Biology in school so you may also like his newest work Next. PM me if you want to know more about his novels-I've read all of his novels and own all but his non-fiction works.

Apr 26, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Road, by Cormac McCarthy is quite suspenseful. It is not a "horror" novel, but it can send some chills down the spine.

x2 on The Road. Bleak, bleak, bleak, but really good.

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #20 of 20
The Turn of the Screw creeped me the hell out.

Since crazy Shirley's The Lottery was mentioned, how about A Rose For Emily.

Look at crazy Shirley. She's got that stoner look, no?
wink.gif

jackson.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back