Please recommend soundcard for analogue 5.1 out with Logitech Z5500
Jun 4, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #16 of 17
They will work fine with those speakers, but with many modern cards those speakers will be a bottlekneck as they are not considered good speakers in comparison to others.
I would suggest avoiding most "PC" type speakers, there are exceptions but most cheaper 2.1 system are really not that good for sound quality.

Aug 4, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #17 of 17
Just an update. I have an Asus Xonar Essence STX in my computer now. They are even better than the Auzentech X-meridian as far as 2 channel sound is concerned. I will not sell my X-Meridian though as they are so freaking scarce and I still love the card. Maybe if someone makes me an offer I can't refuse but I doubt it's leaving my side. I'm sure I'll find a use for it someday.

And the logitech z-5500's while in no mean are reference quality they are actually incredibly sounding for the price. I got a set for 210 a few years back and for 210 dollars it was well worth the money. I use my Z-5500's for surround sound for my 51 inch plasma in my room and they do a killer job for the price.

I think the Z-960 is the updated version. Just different looks and maybe a few more inputs. Everything else the same still.

For music though  i recommend a quality soundcard with rca outputs a quality receiver amp and quality bookshelf speakers with a quality powered 10-12 inch sub. My computer setup is essence stx > Denon AVR 1712>Polk lsi9 bookshelfs>powered infinity 12 inch sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Back