Please recommend niec RCA cables
May 23, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 11
how much you prepared to spend?

May 23, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 11
Audio Art Cables IC-1 ($40 up): I own these and they are quite good.

Van Den Hul D102 MKIII ($75 up used): I own these and they are also very good for the money.

Blue Jeans Cables: Never heard them, but heard very good things about them

Signal Cable: Never heard them, but also heard good things about them

Kimber Tonic and Timbre cables: Also good ratings, never heard thme though

These are all considered value leaders in my book, all under US$100, and you should consider checking these out before spending megabucks on cables. If you can audition, then do so. I have heard of a cable company that recommends cables based on your setup, and has a cable loan system, where you can borrow cables and listen to them in your system and make your own decision. All feasible options.

D

May 23, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #4 of 11
I demoed the Apollo with several different cables (Cardas, Grover, and Chord) and the Chord cables sounded by far the best. Of the Chord's I tried, the Siren seemed seemed to have the best synergy with the player. As a bonus, they're not that expensive either.

May 25, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #5 of 11
Another vote for Chord cable (I also use Siren in my setup) or Kimber for use with Rega CD. Rega also makes their own cables if you want to check them out.

May 25, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #6 of 11
I use the Enigma Audio Oenomel interconnects and they are great cables.

May 25, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 11
Some recommendations :-

1. Audio Art IC-3 - best value in my opinion

2. Synergistic Research Alpha Sterling Active X2 - ultra quiet and neutral

3. Crystal Clear Audio Cable Silver Signature - contender for the top

4. Crystal Clear Interconnect Micro - never stop to amaze

5. Black Mountain Cable - Pinnacle Gold Interconnect - a sleeper waiting to be discovered

6. Zu Gede II - all rounder for all occasions, good value

7. LaRocco Audio SilC - another surprise from the maker of the best portable amps, and very reasonable price too.

8. Rudistor Blue Shift K2 - wolf in sheep's skin from another remarkable headamp designer

My suggestion - can't go wrong with any one of the above :)

F. Lo

May 25, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 11
I haven't heard many cables, but have had good experiences with the offerings from Signal Cable and Magwire's (if you can find them). I owned the Zu Oxyfuel's as well but found them way too stiff for my needs.

May 26, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #9 of 11
Tara Labs "The Zero"...
eek.gif

May 26, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #10 of 11
I agree with auditioning as many cables as possible to see what fits you. I personally only trust [AK]Zip to make my cables, espeically after i have compared and listened to other cables. I get them to my exact specifications, quality im looking for, and a great We've-Been-Best-Friends-Since-Childhood discount
smily_headphones1.gif

But once again it comes down to how much are you willing to spend and where your tastes lie.

-Stan

May 28, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #11 of 11
Grover is another must consider - about $150 for the latest iteration... and well documented with opinions. Search is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back