Please recommend me a digital coax cable.
Jul 1, 2006 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Bosk

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade the cheapy RCA digital cable that's feeding my new DAC60 and have a max budget of US$100.

- Cable must be 1.5 meters.
- Must have high quality RCA connectors. (eg. Eichmann Bullets or better)
- Silver is preferred over copper.
- Solid, durable construction is ESSENTIAL.
- Flexibility is a bonus.

I've used Nordost cables in the past and am a big fan of them, but I'd like some other suggestions instead of going straight for a well-known brand like Nordost or Cardas.

Cheers.

Jul 1, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 12
Cheers Zorander, I'll look into Blue Jeans's range.
cool.gif

Jul 3, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #5 of 12
Thanks for your suggestions Jon L, though I'm wondering if the Silver Shadow may be a little over my budget.

I have been eyeing this cable though- Homegrown Veritas as the solid core silver is particularly appealing to me.

I'd still like to hear comments from other Head-Fi'ers, what sorts of digital cables are you guys using?

Jul 3, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i'm extremely happy with my blue jeans cable.

I went to their website and found their optical. However I need one end to be mini (for my Micro Dac) so I emailed them. Waiting to see if they have it.

Jul 3, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 12
I'm using Canare L-5CFB, terminated with their 75 ohm crimp plugs. Works great, and is reasonable. Not a silver conductor, however, if that is a stringent requirement of yours.

It's very similar to the Blue Jeans/Belden, and in fact uses the same type of plug (only it's larger diameter to accomodate the L-5CFB).

Jul 4, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #10 of 12
There's also this one, by Signal Cable, and it has the Eichmann plug you want. $99 exactly for 5 feet, and discounted shipping for international too.

http://signalcable.com/silverresolutiondigital.html

I don't own that particular cable but have a few other Signal Cable products, top-notch construction on them. I don't know what the material is called but it's tough, doesn't easily bend. The terminations make a nice "clink" when they hit each other, heh.

Jul 7, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #11 of 12
Nice find Asr, I'm going to put the Signal Cable Silver Resolution Referance at the top of my list.
biggrin.gif

Still hoping for some more suggestions before I go ahead and place an order however, particularly from cable owners who have been pleased with the performance of their 'budget' models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back