Please recommend earphones - Bose IE, Super fi 5 EB's .. anything else???
Aug 2, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #16 of 22
i think they emphasize certain frequencies that sound good to our ears and definitely emphasize the bass and treble. when there's more mid, the sound is sorta empty. the sound from bose is very upfront too so it seems like you're closer to the music but i think they just up the treble and certain aspects of the music so it just makes u "feel" that way.

Aug 2, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #17 of 22
but whats wrong with making the sound seem good to a user? i mean .. isnt that what people want?? im just wondering.. if the sound of the bose sounds good say 75% of the time and other headphones sound good even 74%, doesnt that mean bose is better.

im a novice so i really dont know what to look for in headphones.. i always thought if it sounds good to someone. its the thing to get..

how do u decide whether one pair is better than another? is it only how it sounds to you or is it some other criteria?

im getting more and more curious about these things now
smily_headphones1.gif
i suppose thats a good thing..

Aug 2, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #18 of 22
"im getting more and more curious about these things now"

Uh-oh ... be afraid ... be very afraid! Get out while you can!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Congratulations on your purchase, and your curiosity. (My M5's are on the way, too.)

LBH

Aug 2, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #19 of 22
super.fi 5 Pro's not EB's, end of story, once they're burned-in, you'll be happy with the bass they provide.

Aug 2, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #20 of 22
really ?? i already am getting the M5's? what about those pez?

can someone help me with the questions below:

but whats wrong with making the sound seem good to a user? i mean .. isnt that what people want?? im just wondering.. if the sound of the bose sounds good say 75% of the time and other headphones sound good even 74%, doesnt that mean bose is better.

how do u decide whether one pair is better than another? is it only how it sounds to you or is it some other criteria?

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #22 of 22
Thanks subfocus.. after i bought the bose acoustimass.. i read so many negative things about it on the internet.. i started to wonder..

first time i bought bose headphone.. i'll compare them to the M5's and see what i like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back