Please recommend cans for double bass music
Dec 27, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey don't forget Chuck Israels!!

biggrin.gif

oh yes, chuck...one of the most underrated bassist of our time...he may not have been as creative on his solos but he sure had a sweet reverberating tone...

Dec 27, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GS1000 and PS1 are way above his budget, and he already has HD600.

unfortunately very true...can't justify spending over a grand when the lady of the house is keeping the check books balanced...

the 600's are very nice indeed for acoustic...but for double bass, it sounds a bit shallow, like i'm only getting the tip of the iceburg...

and i'm looking to broaden my horizons in the headphone domain...well, at least for up to $600...

Dec 27, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by takezo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unfortunately very true...can't justify spending over a grand when the lady of the house is keeping the check books balanced...

the 600's are very nice indeed for acoustic...but for double bass, it sounds a bit shallow, like i'm only getting the tip of the iceburg...

and i'm looking to broaden my horizons in the headphone domain...well, at least for up to $600...

The best thing you can do is to find a good hifi shop that carries good range of headphones, and try to listen:

Beyerdynamic DT-880
Beyerdynamic DT-990 '05
Grado RS1 or RS2
Ultrasone Proline 750 (or 650)
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

These are pretty much only options i can think of. Search the net for reviews of these and try to listen them somewhere.

I ordered DT880 over week ago, but hasnt arrived yet. Dont have HD595 to compare against anymore, but i try to get personal impressions of their bass quality.

Dec 27, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #19 of 19
thank you, MaZa, for the advice.

i'll try to do attempt at a review when i decide on one and burn it in...

thanks everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back