Please rank these budget IEMs (3 model short list)
May 26, 2015 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nick0

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've read everything I could find on the topic, and have narrowed this down to just three or four IEM.  They are the MEElectronics Sport-fi M6, Brainwavz Delta, and Panasonic HJE355K.  Because I will be sleeping (on my side) with these when the summer festivals bring clouds of noisy people a block away from my apartment at all hours of the night I've chosen low-profile models. Could you please rank these IEMs according to:

Most artificial to most natural sound
Most fragile to most durable

I've also read that the VSONIC vsd1s is a really good pick, but I'm concerned about its durability and also that there aren't really any replacement tips that fit it...not perfectly anyway, from what I've read.  I once tried a friend's Shure SE215 and in Shure double-flanged silicon tips I think I'm in between medium and large.  That's why I'd like the option of being able to use Comply tips, because I'm not in a financial position to lose $28USD to something that can't be made to fit.

Finally, if I can be picky, I'd like to avoid painful treble, a shouty signature, and unaturally huge bass.  From what I've read, the Comply comfort tips can be used roll off the treble without boosting the bass--is this true?

May 27, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #2 of 4
theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/?model_search&headphone_price1=0&headphone_price2=90&average_rating1=0&average_rating2=10&sound_rating1=0&sound_rating2=10&build_rating1=0&build_rating2=5&isolation_rating1=0&isolation_rating2=5&comfort_rating1=0&comfort_rating2=5&microphone_rating1=0&microphone_rating2=5&accessibility_rating1=0&accessibility_rating2=5#

Jokers list is good ! if you want to compare these 

May 27, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 4
The vsd1s where good budget iem I had. I returned them to get the MEElectronics m6 pro

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 4
tusharthegamer: Yeah, Jokers' list is really nice, but unfortunately it doesn't have the vsd1s or the 355s...

Since I found an ebay deal on the 355s and knew that I wouldn't need to EQ them that's what I ended up going with. If my ears were any smaller or my pillow any softer they wouldn't work for listening to on my side, but what impresses and surprises me is how detailed they are, and how they don't have the distortion somewhere between 6K and 15K I hear in a lot of headphones (including all the sub-$300 Sennheisers and all the sealed AudioTechnica over ears I've heard)...something that sounds like an overloaded solid state preamp, or a microphone that's too close to a loud source, and that's with very well recorded (and carefully) mastered female vocals. I really didn't expect to find budget headphones that avoided this.

'wish I could have found more info on how Comply tips affect the 6K (or 8K?) spike in the M6s... Maybe I'll pick up a pair of vsd1 or vsd1s in six months to compare with these Panasonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back