Please Lend me Your Support!! DC Audio Aeon 2 Closed or Audeze LCD-XC comparison
Oct 6, 2020 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Lyssky

100+ Head-Fier
Hello to everyone,
I am writing from Turkey. And I need your support on choosing my next closed headphone.
There are some reasons why I started a thread for this;
1) I live in Turkey, I don’t have much opportunity to audition most of the headphones that are considered high end or mid end. That is because they don’t bring much to Turkey and I always have to ask my friends from other countries to buy and bring me the headphones I want.
2) Due to our country currency being much less valuable, these headphones come at very high prices for us Turkish people. So I need to make a good choice.
3) As a result of above mentioned reasons (which make things very difficult for me) I need outside reviews and opinions in order to decide.
So please please lend me your support!!

I currently use the Audeze Sine Closed Back which I bought again without trying it first. But I really love it’s sound. It is clean, clear, the bass is not overwhelming but punchy and articulate. Mids are really presented without effort. Highs are not the most exciting but they are there in the music. And also it’s so forward and energetic, very fun headphone.
I use them with the Chord Mojo.
Although I love it, the thing is I want better imaging and separation and also better other aspects, in short I want to level up...
To provide info, I mostly listen to symphonic metal, progressive metal, heavy metal, trash metal and others...
I once bought the Audeze LCD2 closed backs. While the increase in quality was noticeable, I had problems with how laid back and somewhat distant it sounded and the worst problem was the midrange recession. In time I started to use it less and less and finally I sold it to someone who was mainly listening to Jazz which the Audeze LCD2 closed back performs at its best I think.
Now, I am trying to decide whether I should buy an LCD-XC or Aeon 2 Closed. (I’d love to buy the Stellia but it’s way too expensive)
I should say that I love to use my headphones both portable and at home and again since we don’t have much budget for a decent home set, I can only use Chord Mojo.
BUT if the Audeze LCD-XC is far superior than the Aeon 2 closed, then I would even be very brave to take it mobile, I would even use it while walking.
What I love is very close to the sound signature of the Audeze Sine closed but to elaborate:
- I love punchy and articulate yet clean, clear bass
- I love the midrange and the not-laidback aggressive electric guitars
- I love highs especially articulate drum cymbals that make things lively and energetic.
So I love dynamism. I love engaging and energetic metal expression.
(I love using them portable but saying this again, if the LCD-XC is much better i would endure its heaviness and bulkyness and go with it even as mobile. But if they are close enough for you, I would maybe buy the Aeon 2 closed)

In the light of all these, please help me compare these 3 headphones.
Please tell me how much of a step up those two headphones are from my Audeze Sines.
Also please be honest as much as you can since I have one bullet to spare.
Thank you sincerely.
Note: I am open to suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back