Please Help! No sound in right side of tf10?
Dec 14, 2011 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zainprox

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I was about to send my tf10 for reshell and addition of drivers but i realised that the right side stopped working all of a sudden! What should i do? Should i continue with the reshell or not? Am i screwed? I have tested my cable and have determined that the problem lies with the earpiece itself.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 9
This might be completely wrong, but how much wax is built up in the channel between the driver and the ear tip? I had a similar problem with my IE8s where I thought that the right channel stopped working but it turned out to be wax buildup blocking the sound. Try dipping the tips into hydrogen peroxide for 5 minutes followed by 5 minutes in distilled water with music turned up to dislodge any remaining wax. Just a suggestion.

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote: Originally Posted by ori88 If its under warrranty, why chance it. Just have Logitech give you a new pair.

My warranty had expired a long time ago, and from what I've heard from other audiophiles on another forum, they have sent in Tf-10's for warranty and had received UE700's as replacements.

ARStewart: I have cleaned the nozzle of the tf10 and there is no wax build up at all. There is still completely no sound at all.

Anyway, i have already sent in my tf10 for reshelling and upgrade to 4 drivers through my local distributor for UM, declaring that the right side is not working. I was told that UM would try to fix the problem with my tf10s, depending on what the problem is, and i may be charged extra for the fixing of the problem.

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #9 of 9
Hope it turns out ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back