Please help! "No company - no order"
Jun 20, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by KerryKing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
regarding Labbelektronik, i think they will add 20% on the prices from RS and Farnell, atleast they told me that when i was in the store.

Please keep me updated if it works out fine
smily_headphones1.gif

I also need some nice items in the near future
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess I could write this in Swedish
cool.gif
, but I don't. I just laid an order, and I'll report what happens. Yes, they'll charge an extra 20 %, which I think is fair. Shipment from Labbelektronik seems to be 49 SEK, which also is very reasonable. You'll get an invoice, so there seem to be no risk.

I never thought it would be this hard to get electronic components. Until now I've used surplus, promotional copies and orders from ELFA.

BTW, I'll be going away for vacation, so don't expect to hear anything within 10 days.

Jun 21, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #17 of 25
I would order from mouser.com I have used them many times before and it is actually cheap to order from the US and pay the VAT. For shipping, ask them to use USPS. It takes a bit longer but the prices are not that bad. Another tip is to order stuff from different projects, that way the shipping cost per project goes down.

Jun 21, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #18 of 25
The 20% could be quite much as the prices on RS and Farnell is not that low to begin with...

We Swedes should try to get together next time so we can get shipping costs and such down
smily_headphones1.gif

Have a nice Vacation

Jun 21, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would order from mouser.com I have used them many times before and it is actually cheap to order from the US and pay the VAT. For shipping, ask them to use USPS. It takes a bit longer but the prices are not that bad. Another tip is to order stuff from different projects, that way the shipping cost per project goes down.

I was going to put a small order of 20$ with mouser and ask them to send it with USPS First-Class Mail® International witch is $7.20 and they refuse. They only offer USPS-Global Priority at 20$ or FedEx International Priority at 30$.

Multiple source will increase the cost of a project. For the Millet max, if I source from 3 or 4 different supplier the freight charge will be around 70$.

Jun 21, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #20 of 25
I think I was wrong about Newark. It seems to be possible to order from them... but shipping rate to Sweden for my 100 USD order would have been over 100 USD, FedEx Economy. I don't think it was possible to have USPS like at Digi-Key. All in all I think I got it cheaper from Farnell via Labbelektronik, and when ordering through Farnell, there's more products to choose from.

Jun 25, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

We Swedes should try to get together next time so we can get shipping costs and such down
smily_headphones1.gif

Im going to order parts for the Millet Hybrid Max from Mouser when the boards arrive if anyone wants to share shipping to Sweden.

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #22 of 25
Hi, i will have a look at mouser and see if i find some nice parts, Please send me an PM some days before you order
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you know the aprox shipping fee from mouser to sweden??

Hope to hear from you soon
smily_headphones1.gif

/Erik

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Hi, i will have a look at mouser and see if i find some nice parts, Please send me an PM some days before you order
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you know the aprox shipping fee from mouser to sweden??

Hope to hear from you soon
smily_headphones1.gif

/Erik

I ordered components for around 50 USD and the shipping was 22.20 USD for that. Plus I ended up forking out customs and VAT for the lot also
frown.gif
But still cheaper than buying it here.

Jun 25, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #24 of 25
Sounds good,

I will look into mouser later then
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back