Please help me, my studio monitors were stolen and I want a good pair of headphones now. (Merged)
Dec 25, 2014 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

humberto

New Head-Fier
Hi my name is Humberto. I spent hard days working and saving my money to get my studio onitors Focal Solo6 Be. I come home last christmas and there were gone. I couldnt mix anymore and I was depressed.

I finally saved up enough money so I can buy myself a new pair of headphones instead, because im scared someone might steal my speakers again.

so now what I need is the best headphones more mixing, mastering, and such. I can take them with me, and they cant steal them from me no they cant.

so whats the best headphones for mixing and mastering. my friend told me dr beats, but I dont think they are the best, I dont know what company makes them, or if they are just using sweat chops in china.

If I am going to spend money, I want the best.

Dec 27, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 54
What is your budget in US Dollars? What will you be connecting the headphones to?

I want to connect the headphones to 1.8 and 1/4 connections.

I want to spend like 350.

I know there are these, which the say are the best in the world.

http://www.audeze.com/products/headphones/lcd-3

But I think I should be able to find a good brand for 350

Dec 27, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 54
Whats the defacto standard for headphones?

for example, in the DJ world, pioneer is industry standard you find them in all the clubs ect.

so whats the best headphones COMPANY

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #7 of 54
For me its Sony. I have headphones collected from 1970's onwards that are still working and all headphones/iems that I've purchased since 2002 or so have NEVER failed on me ***crosses fingers***. Even the my headphones from discman years (early 90's) are still working. I just love the warm sound of Sony.

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 54

The Focal Spirit Professional comes with a 1/4" screw-on adapter and is $349.
biggrin.gif

Today I ordered the Audio-Technica ATH-M40x, which are also studio monitors.

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #9 of 54
No such thing. "Best" in the audiophile world is a meaningless concept.

sure their is.

some products. are more durable then others.

for example, I feel my pioneer hdj 1000 were the best sounding headphones I had, but they always broke because of platic parts.

So after buying 2 of them and having them fall the same fate. im done with that BRAND

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #10 of 54

sure their is.

some products. are more durable then others.

for example, I feel my pioneer hdj 1000 were the best sounding headphones I had, but they always broke because of platic parts.

So after buying 2 of them and having them fall the same fate. im done with that BRAND, even though I love the sound quality

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #15 of 54

I know there are these, which the say are the best in the world.

http://www.audeze.com/products/headphones/lcd-3

But I think I should be able to find a good brand for 350

Focal Spirit Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back