Please, help me. I don't know what good sounds like.
Sep 11, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #61 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, BrandenJay!
I haven't read all of the responses to your post but my best guess is that my advice is different than the suggestions and advice of others on this thread.
I suggest you take off the headphones and leave them at home when you are going out. I suggest that you listen to and experience the harmonies and rhythms of real life, the laughing of friends, the crying of babies, the chirping of birds and the squealing of brakes. I suggest that you isolate yourself in the sound of headphones only when you are at home and there is no one else around with whom to interact.
The sounds of real life are very valuable, BrandenJay. If your ears are constantly isolated "behind" headphones, you will miss out on some wonderful hearing experiences, hearing experiences that you will wish you had heard when you are older.
If you only wear headphones at home, you will potentially be able to hear some excellent headphones that produce the best sounds. Here, I'm referring to headphones that are not the type you would wear around your neck as you roll down the street on your skateboard or bicycle. These headphones to which I'm referring would be much too valuable for this type of activity. This type of headphone would cause you to focus on the music. You would be able to hear certain aspects of the sound that you never realized before were present in the music.
Participate in life completely when you are with others and when you are out. Listen to the creations of your imagination as you bicycle through town. You may even hear your own creations of music.
When you are home and in the mood to hear the creations of others, this is the time to listen to headphones, not "cheap" headphones but rather headphones that will allow you to hear what the artist to whom you would listen intended you to hear.
In this post, I will not mention any brands or names of headphones. I will leave that for you to research and investigate. I suggest you find a store that sells excellent quality headphones in your area and audition some headphones. Yes, they will be more expensive than $100, in some cases a lot more expensive. These are not headphones that you will ever take for granted. These are headphones which you will treat with great care.

Good luck to you in your life and in your search.

i feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. thanks for the life lesson dr phil LOL

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #63 of 64
Just because I did not say "you should spend a bit more and get something that will really work for you" does not mean I did not say "you should spend a bit more and get something that will really work for you".

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Irrelevant. If the OP has $100 to spend, he can't spend more.

Sep 13, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #64 of 64
No, brain surgery is not required. This is pretty simple stuff. The OP stated a $100 budget. And yet you suggested headphones costing closer to $200 and called it a done deal. All righty then... lol.

So anyway, welcome to Head-Fi (sorry about your wallet) where apparently some Head-fiers really don't care about your wallet and post as though they know better than you about how much money you should spend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser HD-25, done and done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just because I did not say "you should spend a bit more and get something that will really work for you" does not mean I did not say "you should spend a bit more and get something that will really work for you".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back