Please help me find something decent
Mar 31, 2008 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mglak51jk

Head-Fier

A brief history so far: Started with the SONY 7506's which I pretty much ruined at the gym-(got all sweaty and gross) but I really liked the sound and that they were closed but let a little sound in. Next I went with the Sennheiser
CX400's which were really pretty mediocre,the isolation was OK-but would fall out of my ears when exercising (again-with the sweat)-one day they fell out
got yanked out of my ears,then my i-pod and got sheared in half under the treadmill. NICE! My next and current cans are the Koss Portapro-which are only nice if you require no sound isolation AT ALL. I understand that they are open, which gives you that great airy sound and great bass and soundstage-but my gym (and NYC) are SO loud,,that they just don't cut it.
I have super small ears, so an IEM might not fit too well (plus the thought of them freak me out a little). So, what I'm considering now are closed mini-phones like the PX200's,something light comfortable with decent sound isolation. Also-does AKG have anything like the 26P's-(unless you guys think I should go for those without the warranty) I listen to everything from hip-hop to jazz to indie rock. Sorry this is so long-but I wanted to give all the info I could. I'll spend up to $100 if I know I can get some isolation,decent bass, fairly lightweight little cans-mostly for exercise and subway use. Any suggestions are totally welcome. Thanks

Mar 31, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 4
Mar 31, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi I have the same questions and from all the reading I've done on this site I'm thinking of ATH ES 7's. Just not sure if they are too big-all the pics Ive seen are of the phones themselves and not on anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back