Please Help Me Find a Good MP3 Player!!!!
Feb 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

C-Sharp

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I don't remember if I ever posted anything in the forum before but all I know is that I have an account here. I was just going through my bookmarks and saw Head-Fi and I didn't even know that I saved this website. I think I created an account here from the recommendation of the people from iaudiophile to ask for a good headphone when I used to own my Cowon D2.

Anyway, the Cowon D2 was a good player but I didn't like its UI and the way it looks. The only reason I bought it was because people on ABI said that it has very good sq. Though I never experience the good sq of the player since I never had a chance to get a better headphone. Which mean I haven't used my D2 to its fullest. Having said that, I'm not regret for giving it away since I never liked the D2 in the first place.

I know this website is for the professionals and people with a lot of experiences with high end audio stuff. This is why I came here to ask for your advices and opinion to help me find the right player.
Here is what I'm looking for in a player:
Something simple and small with 8gb+ memory (32gb is good), fm radio, voice recorder, very good sq (this is very important), long battery, and supports FLAC. My main type of music that I listen to is Trance, House, Techno, basically electronica genre with a lot of bass. These features are the main and most important that I need in a mp3 player. I really don't care much about wifi, bluetooth, videos and such as I never used those features on my D2 anyway.

I'm really in need of a new mp3 player since the day I gave my D2 away. It's getting really boring walking around campus and work out with no music. Please give me your advices and opinions. I hope to learn more from you guys. Thank You

Edit: I'm very sorry for making this post as I just checked and saw that I made similar post like this a long time ago. Oh well I hope the mod can delete my older posts so it doesn't look like i'm triple post or something. Again I apologize for this.

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 28
Great, thanks for the replies guys. I think a lot of people suggest the Sansa Fuze. How is the Sansa Fuze SQ compare to the D2. Also, I checked out the Fuze and it doesn't seem to support FLAC though. As for the sony x Series, the player looks really nice and I heard that Sony mp3 players also have good sq too? The thing is that the X series is too pricey and doesn't support FLAC either. The player is great though it looks really nice but the price is way up there and beside I really don't need picture/videos/wifi/bluetooth/internet. What do you guys think of the cowon i9 or the new sansa clip+.

Feb 2, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #7 of 28
You will be happy with SansaClip+,smaller then Fuze,plays all formats - you want,but doesnt show pics or videos,so all memory and card memory you will
have for your music only.It is mrvelously small and - not expensive.Sound is
the best.Very suitable for jogging - it has ...clip,so U hands are free,and it is
not too easy to drop it.

Feb 2, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #9 of 28
Are you planning on buying new headphones as well?

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #10 of 28
I'm going to say the Fuze. It DOES play Flac with the newest update. Also, you can rockbox it IF you order the v1 (which I believe they're selling refurb on TigerDirect, I ordered from there like a week ago and it was a v1).

It's a great player. Sounds good, great eq if you use rockbox, decent radio, CHEAP (I got mine for like 50$) and nice features.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to say the Fuze. It DOES play Flac with the newest update. Also, you can rockbox it IF you order the v1 (which I believe they're selling refurb on TigerDirect, I ordered from there like a week ago and it was a v1).

It's a great player. Sounds good, great eq if you use rockbox, decent radio, CHEAP (I got mine for like 50$) and nice features.

wait a min, you have to get a certain version of fuze to use rockbox? right now i'm leaning towards the clip+ and or the cowon i9. Can you use rockbox on the clip+? I heard that you have to use rockbox for the clip and fuze to have good sq that of cowon s9 or something right? The thing i like about sansa clip+ are its size, portability, more memory, and probably simple. What I like about the i9 is its unique look. I think it looks very sleek and also i know that i9 has the same sq of that of the s9 which is very good. Either one of these player need a good headphone. I do plan on getting a good headphone. Which IEM would you guys recommend for Dance music like Trance, House, etc.. which needs bass and such.

I checked out all of Sony players and I gotta tell you guys that I love sony products. I really like the X series but man that thing is so freaking expensive. It's $399 for a 32gb player. I can get a ps3 with that money or maybe get a psp go or something. I know the sq of the X series is very very good but I don't think it's worth paying that much because other than listenning to music, the other features like wifi, bluetooth, pictures viewer, videos to me are all useless. I don't even like to use those kind of features on a mp3 player. Other than the X series, what other sony mp3 player has good sq? Before I bought the Cowon D2, my first player was this flash memory/mp3 player from sony that i got from Circuit City which is very unique. It has integrated USB so if you want to put music on the player you just have to plug it straight into your pc which is something I really like. I hate having to have all kind of cables and stuff. I wonder if you guys know any player like that about there now which has good sq?

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #13 of 28
I'd go with a Sansa Clip+. Cheap, plays flac, somewhat does gapless, extremely small, decent SQ, and micro sd/sdhc expansion slot. Can't go wrong with that.

Feb 3, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #15 of 28
No Rockbox on Clip+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back